Portal 2 User Created Content on PS3?

I want to know if it is possible to create a map for Portal 2 using a PC, then put the map on PS3 to play it. If you can do this can someone tell me how? :)

• OIC
    Favorite Answer

I'm afraid to tell you this is impossible. The only game I know which allowed user created maps was Far Cry, and that was created in-game. If you have Portal 2 on PC (you bought PS3 so you should have added it to your Steam anyway), there are ways you can play custom maps. There is no official SDK for Portal 2 but apparently custom maps can be made using Alien Swarm's SDK Spoiler: Alien Swarm. Both ways, websites such as thinkingwithportals or portal2maps.net can probably help. This guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVSngeGFT1c

Youtube thumbnail

apparently decompiled one of the official maps and edited it (probably with the Alien Swarm SDK). I haven't seen the video but it's a start for the map creation. Anyway, it is impossible for PS3 but very possible for PC, even though it may be a little trouble.

"Portal 2 is the 1st interest on the psthree to assist a subset of excellent factors from Steamworks, which includes automobile-updates, downloadable content fabric, and community help.[a hundred and five] the interest helps flow-platform play between the psthree and the living house windows and Mac OS X variations;[106] this replaced right into a well-liked objective with using Steamworks on the psthree.[107] on the psthree, the Steam overlay exhibits the participant's pals on the two Steam and the psnetwork, and achievements earned in Portal 2 are rewarded for the two Steam and psnetwork trophies"

It would be hard to do it. Most console games and consoles won't allow custom made things to be added into a game. If you want a custom made map for game, and the game doesn't have an easy access option for it, it probably doesn't allow it. It's alot easier to change game files and add things on a computer game since you can see all the items there installed on the computer.