Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Comment on the public’s knowledge of global events and happenings and why we are not generally more informed?

Favorite Answer

People are generally as informed as they want to be. For me, I watch the news about 20 hours a day. I read the papers and stay on top of what's happening around the world because it affects us. My parents also retired overseas, so I get the benefit of their "boots on the ground" knowledge. Further, people tend to be up on the issues that they're most concerned about. This might be local issues more than national or global issues. That's what their concern is, and well, I can't say anything about that because I don't know what their local issues are. And for a lot of people, their main concern is what Snookie is wearing this week rather than what bone-headed things our leaders are doing, or what's happening around the world.

Even though my comment may sound harsh, I understand why some people prefer not to be informed. It's like the guy in the movie say, There's always an Archilian battleship, blah, blah, blah, but the only way these people get on with their pathetic little lives is they do not know about it. There is a lot happening out there in the world, and some people honestly don't want to know. The thought that you can't do anything about it anyway, the thought that, I've got so much to worry about, I want to have a "light" life the rest of the time, escapsim, etc., so I'm not condemning people for not being informed -- until they take their lack of information and vote on it.

Hi there,

You can get Battleship Game for free from this link: http://bitly.com/ZYvdb6

it's a perfectly working link, no scam !

The Battleship Game World War 2 is a special naval strategy game.

The media sucks

Source(s): Fox News is #1

Maybe some folks have better things to do, like work full time?

it is the goal of elites to keep the peons in the dark