Anonymous

Can someone help me with proofreading my essay?

BODY :

First, the way in which we feed our animals can change from unhealthy to healthy food. I personally believe that grass fed is the most appropriate for animals, because they grow naturally as supposed to be. In Food Inc. movie, I noticed the difference between the animals eating grass and corn. It shows the animals confined in inhumane cages, left to stand in their own mire, fed unnatural diets, and cocktails of drugs and hormones. On the other hand, animals eating grass have healthier looking; they are in the open fields, calmly eating grass and it looks much cleaner. Michael Pollan, author of The Omnivore’s Dilemma visited Salatin’s Farm. Joel is a grass farmer, and moves his cattle onto fresh grass every day. He explained that mob-and-move routine helps to keep the ruminants healthy. The good think here and the big difference was that these cows were harvesting their own feed instead of waiting for a truck to deliver a mixed ration of corn.

The only advantage in corn fed is that animals get fat quickly. Yet, this corn-fed meat is demonstrably less healthy for us, since it contains more saturated fat and less omega-3 fatty acids than the meat of animals fed grass. A corn-fed diet, however, causes many health problems for cattle—and unhealthy cows mean unhealthy meat. Corn-fed cattle are proving to serious health conditions such as bloat, diarrhea, ulcers, and liver disease. An acidic intestinal tract also favors the growth of E. Coli. The Omnivore’s Dilemma, states that the lethal strain of E. Coli known as 0157: H7 is believed to have evolved in the gut of feedlot cattle. In Food Inc, Pollan also states that switching feedlot cattle to a grass diet would eliminate 80 percent of the E. Coli in the cows’ digestive tracts. In this same movie, a little kid died for E. Coli and his mother was telling everybody her story to prevent to happen to other kids.

Subsequent, by eliminating to much chemicals and preservatives I sure you will have better food options for customers. Good food doesn’t necessarily require a lot of ingredients. I was in complete shock after finding out that chicken McNugget actually has thirty-eight ingredients. According to McDonald’s, the chicken McNuggets are made with white meat, wrapped up in a crisp tempura batter. But what is the tertiary butylhydroquinone (TBHQ)? In Omnivore’s Dilemma explains is a chemical preservative so deadly just five grams can kill you. Only 50 percent of a McNugget is actually chicken. The other half includes corn derivatives, sugars, and completely synthetic ingredients that ultimately come not from a corn or soybean fields but from a petroleum refinery or chemical plant.

Chemicals are what make modern processed foods possible, by keeping the food from going bad or looking strange after months in the freezer. We are eating lots of chemicals like coloring agents; artificial flavors and preservatives that can make the food appear more attractive and taste fresher. But let’s not forget about the side effects of the preservatives that are transferred into our bloodstreams. Our children literally grow bigger and quicker than normal because of to much chemicals and preservatives on food. It’s a fact that young girls in the U.S. are having their periods sooner than in generations of the past, due to the chemicals that fast food restaurants are placing into their foods too.

Lastly, but also important is to cut the High fructose corn syrup. The problem is the amount that contributes to increase the calories and spikes our blood sugar. It’s very sugary, fatty and unnatural. In Food Inc, I found out that HFCS has become a popular ingredient in sodas and fruit-flavored drinks. In fact, as Michael Pollan explains, HFCS is the most common added sweetener in processed foods and beverages. Perhaps, the most amazing

8 Answers

Relevance
  • DrIG
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Please try jiskha.com which has good free on line Information./

• 4 years ago

You already know never for you to skip breakfast, but it's also crucial to eat within an hour of waking to further improve your metabolism.

• 4 years ago

Follow the 80/20 rule, which means eating clean 80 percent of times and indulging a little 20 percent of the time.

• 5 years ago

Once a full week, snap a photo of yourself to help you see proof of your body changing. Weight-loss jars are also an incredible visual reminder of reaching ones goal.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Keep weights in the living room in order to do some reps while viewing tv.

• 5 years ago

Don't just have there! Do squats while scrubbing your teeth, calf raises while standing in line, or lunges while chatting about the phone.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Keep weights in the living room in order to do some reps while watching television.

• 5 years ago

cinnamon and mustard are many of the fat reducing foods

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.