I want to run a business from home, anything? I would like to work hard and put in any hours or amount of?

work that is required if its all worth the effort. Please, I am not looking for 'get rich quick scams' all over the internet. I am not looking for Avon, AmWay or any of those party selling products. I am actually willing to work. I want to be at home and be my own boss and maybe have my family be a part of the business?

• Henry
    Best Answer

You need to find an unmet need that is also something you like to do. Complete a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) analysis and write a business plan to prove that the business idea is workable. Go to http://sba.gov/smallbusinessplanner/plan/writeabus... or http://www.score.org/template_gallery.html for instructions on how to write a business plan and sample business plans.

I no longer work from home but when I was a single mom I did, for several years. I am very knowledgeable on this topic because I spent 6 years researching and investigating over 50 work at home options. I have published articles, guides and reviews on this topic. I am happy to share some information that will help guide you in the right direction as well as give you the websites for a couple companies I have found to be more than reputable. However, no matter what, lesson number one is always do your due diligence. Thoroughly research any company you are considering and ask questions!

People are looking for work from home and the biggest problem is they don’t understand that there really are no work at home JOBS other than remote call center work. This is a viable option but there are some significant down sides to this. You are required to pay a fee, usually about $50, for a credit and background check, and if you don't meet their “criteria” you will be out that $50 bucks. Also you have to have a 100% quiet work environment and the pay is pretty low. Most people are not able to make more than $150 a week at best. With all these negatives there are a couple legit call center jobs you can do from home and I will cite them in my profile to the left. However, most people aren't looking for call center work.

The best way to earn an income from home would be to open your own legitimate home business. Small home businesses have increased in the last 5 years by about 200%.

Legitimate small home businesses should have a small startup cost involved but be careful, all the scams will be charging too so KNOW the business. Talk to a REAL person and ask questions. Less than $150 - $200 to start is reasonable and I would stay away from those wanting $400 - $1000 or more. If you are coming across places that say free then I would RUN, not walk the other way! They never are in the end. (For those who want a home business for free, rethink that idea. I've never seen any business, home or not, that was free to own. If every business was free, everyone would have one.)

Alright so here are some things to look for in a home business. Ask the following questions and MAKE SURE you have a real person to talk to. If you can't get a real person on the phone, walk away.

1. Are you rated with the BBB? (They should have B or better. An A+ rating is the best possible rating and it shows they are well known and highly trusted.)

2. Are your start up costs less than $200?

3. Who would be training me? (If it's a "call center" type of call an "800 number" for help, that's no good. You want to be trained by another business owner within the company. How can someone in a call center train you on something they themselves are not doing?)

4. How do you pay your business owners? (Paper checks from a Federally Insured bank and/or direct deposit through a Federally Insured bank or financial institution like Visa or Paylution should be the answer. No "paypal", money orders, cash or anything like that.)

5. Do you have any Fortune 500 partners or endorsements?

6. How long have you been in business? (Definitely should be over 5 years, over 10 is even better)

7. Do YOU own a home business with this company as well? (If the answer is no, ask for the name and number of someone you can talk to who works with the company so you can get a good feel of things. If they refuse to provide it, walk away.)

No matter what you decide, AVOID these top 5 work at home scams.

5. Craft Assembly

3. Medical Billing

3. Email/Rebate Processing

2. Envelope Stuffing

1. Typing At Home / Data Entry (The biggest scam out there.)

As a breath of fresh air, I am NOT affiliated with any home business nor do I sell anything like "home business guides" or "work at home lists". I merely offer my expertise and guidance, and yes, that's free! :-)

As I promised, I will list some home businesses that I have found to be VERY reputable and that have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau in my profile to the left.

So as to follow Yahoo's TOS, the sites can be found only IN MY PROFILE if you would like to see them.

I wish you the best of luck in your search!

I'll clear the air with the network marketing scam confusion. The reason people think that "party selling products", network marketing companies or MLM companies are scams is because people think that there is no marketing involved once they launch their business. The reason people are led to believe this is because the majority of people who sell you on these opportunities, are not actually prepared to run and lead a business themselves. Talking to friends and family, hosting parties and such do not account for the total amount of marketing.

In fact, if that's all you did you could hardly claim you own a business. So, if you want to own a business, regardless of what it is - you will have to create a personal brand. Your personal brand is considered your business, not Amway products you can sell or any product for that matter. Ask yourself - "am I TRULY willing to spend the time learning and marketing a business?"

A business is a business it doesn't make any difference what the industry. And yes there is a such thing as "get rich quick", and yes they are truthful and achievable. What there is not, is "get rich easy..."

My point here is that, if you want to own a home business, and you're willing to work hard - you should consider a network marketing company. You will quickly find that in any home business you will follow the same type of marketing strategies. However, in a network marketing company it compounds faster if every day you commit to the marketing efforts for your brand.

I am part of Amway personally, but I never sell my business opportunity at parties or to family members. Why? Because they don't give a crap about my products or business opportunity. And I'm not in business to ambush people at parties. Becoming a valuable business individual in the market place will bring opportunity.

Good luck in your endeavor, but remember that you must leverage your time in your favor.

• Ruth

Some things I wasn't told!!: At least to start with you may find you have to earn £3 to take home £1...and you have to do 3 hours of work for every paid hour of work: i.e., you only get paid for making cakes but you still have to do sales and admin and they are time-consuming. There are 2 kinds of business: one is extra money for holidays etc and the other is the real thing that actually pays the mortgage/rent and feeds you. It can take ages to make the transition. Some businesses work from day1 others take a while to get the right kind of momentum. Talk to friends/family with experience. Yes, have a business plan but just start too! Hope that helps.

That is great that you are willing to work and not expect a "get rich quick". I agree with a previous post that said that you have to market whatever business you have, including Avon and Amway.

I am involved with a business where you will receive ongoing training, coaching and support. Also, you are able to get started with ZERO financial investment. You will be making a REAL difference.

For more information, go to http://www.shopandmakemoney.com. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

legitimate jobs with the option of telecommuting are quite easy to find. The thing most people do not realize that to find legitimate jobs & businesses that let you work online & at home you must search for the job by the job title with "telecommuting" as an option because that is the proper & professional term use to refer to the "ability to work at home".

ALL!!! legitimate jobs online with or without "telecommuting" are free just like in the offline business world. Anyone telling that you must pay to work online is only trying to sale you something. They was recently (about 2008 or 09) an FBI swipe called "Operation fake hope" where the FBI busted many thousands of "paid jobs" online that was all fake. So do not pay to work no matter what they tell you.

http://www.safetytechnology.com is a great blind-dropshipper of safety products & hidden camera IF YOU WANT TO SALE you can easy sale there products in any website. I use to sale for them before I got into telecommuting consultant. They are literally hundreds of thousands legitimate telecommuting (online & home based) jobs & businesses available.

Source(s): I'm a telecommuting consultant & expert with 12 years experience. http://www.onlineandhomebasedjobs.info JamieHord@onlineandhomebasedjobs.info
  • ?

there are many things you can do from home, you just need to think about what you would enjoy doing, day after day. I can offer you a few ideas, like house cleaning, event planning and things like that. Have you thought about building a business website and talking about things you love and enjoy? You can get set up with a few Amazon stores and sell their items. Just a few ideas to get you thinking. good luck

It has to be your own idea. Do not pay anyone to join them, most are scams.

You CAN work from home.

See what industries you can do and work from home do your research in what interests you.

You need a goal and a great idea like I have.

Good Luck

Source(s): Recruiter. In my own business.I work 15+ hours a day it is not all that easy. It takes brains and lots of leaning never ending leaning keep up with the times.

Start your own handbag business 100% free! We sell handbags, diaper bags, beauty products and more! All at affordable prices! We never ask for any money out of your pocket! You will always earn 30% commission! It will never go down, but can go up! Start your business today!

http://christinam.myscbb.com