Jehovah Witnesses if no one is to be involve in politics then why ?

Would God tell us to respect kings ect.

And pray for them.

Favorite Answer

Until God's kingdom takes full rulership over the earth, God has allowed human governments to exist. As along as they exist, we are commanded to show them respect. We show that respect by paying our taxex and by obeying the laws of the land. For that reason, you will never see one of JWs marching a picket line or by publically protesting governmental policy. (Ro. 13:1-7)

Jesus Christ could have been the world's greatest ruler. During his 3 1/2 year-earthly ministry, he showed his power over the weather, he miraculously cured the sick, he provided food for thousands of hungry people, and he even raised the dead. However, he refused to get involved in worldly politics. To Pilate, he said: "My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world.” (John 18:36) He also said about himself and his followers: "They are no part of the world just as I am no part of the world." (John 17:16)

So, true followers of Jesus do not get involved in worldly politics.

To skiingstowe, would it be improper to mail letters since the postal system is run by the federal government? Would it be improper use the educational or judicial systems or even to become a teacher or lawyer since both the educational system and the judicial system are agents of the federal government? How about getting passes for the governmental libraries, getting financial or medical aid from the welfare system of the national government? Should a Christian work for the Internal Revenue Service collecting taxes, or as part of disaster relief efforts conducted by the national government? Who would make such ridiculous and foolish arguments that Christians should not avail themselves of the programs, facilities, and avenues made available by these governmental authorities? The Watchtower Society certainly has never done so.

So what about the United Nations? Would the same reasoning apply? Should Christians use the UN programs offered for our benefit? Would this constitute spiritual adultery to do so? What do you think?

Hi Linedance,

The WTBTS was a member of the UN. That sounds pretty political to me from where I'm sitting.

The WTBTS applied in 1991, and was given membership in 1992. The governing body received so many letters and inquiries that Giro Aulicino wrote a letter to the UN asking to dissociate from the UN, and that was granted in 2001.

Kings is Rasputins

Source(s): Puddin Head Wilson