Feeling overwhelmed in College, help!?

I'm just feeling overwhelmed in college right now. I just wrote a midterm today that I studied a lot for, but when I went to write it I just couldn't remember what went where. I have to remember a lot of facts, numbers and lists, and I get confused which points go with what thing.

I go to every class, read the textbook and take good notes. I also study well in advance of tests, at least a week. And I make study notes. I also go to extra help sessions, I just don't know what I am doing wrong :(

I'm getting to the point where I don't even want to be in college anymore. I realize it's supposed to be challenging, but it just seems like no matter how much I try, I keep getting the door slammed in my face.

I also have classes from 8am-4 or 5 most days. So it's a full day as well. I have no time to truly disengage.

I'm the type of person who needs a day off from school at least, if not I feel run down and overwhelmed. So that is where I am right now. I haven't had any time to just be human, and not have to do school work. Like I have no time to get groceries or do laundry or house work, I have no idea how people manage to do it. I've been working so hard :(

Anyone have any tips to help?

I have always felt I have had a learning disability, and I have talked to my mom about it a lot. She completely dismisses me on the topic. Because I did do well in school, except for math! I do have major issues with logic questions, and I will completely blank out or immediately forget what someone has just said to me.

But my mom and brother both have learning disabilities so I could very well have one. I'm just not sure who to turn to, but maybe I can do some asking around and find out. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Here in the US, we have the ADA act that protects people with disability and can help them with special accommodations in college. I would assume that Canada has something similar.

You should see a doctor-you might have a learning disability or an anxiety disorder that makes things difficult.

If you do, you can go to the disability service office at your school and they will help you.

They can do things like: give extra time on tests, allow you to take the exam in a separate room, have disability-related absences, etc

Take a nicely-accepted try spoke of as "solid interest inventory" (precisely that call). this is obtainable unfastened at your college. This try fits your interest profile against the profile of people who're valuable (and probably chuffed) of their field.

take fewer classes. you are doing everything right just do your best. if you take fewer classes you will get the rest that you need to do better in school. it will help you retain what you have learned.