Looking for Ideas for new car (or smaller SUV)?

I'm looking at getting a new car in the next 6 months or so, and want to get a jump start on looking around at vehicles, reviews etc. I'm hoping for something a bit bigger than the little hatchback I drive currently.

I'm looking for something not too big

Must Haves include:

- Decent size backseat (legroom and/or room for carseat(s) in the future)

- Decent Fuel economy (and on this note is it worth it to go Hybrid)

- Good Safety Ratings

- 4 Doors! A two door vehicle is just not for me

- Reliable... and on this note not too costly to maintain (and fix)

- Good amount of Trunk Space, I like to travel (and again thinking of later on,,, fitting baby crap such as a 3 wheel stroller and groceries)

- Something that handles alright in the snow

Would like suggestions for both cars and small SUVs please

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Congratulations on your upcoming car purchase, and way to get a jump start on your research.

Some GM products that match your description include:

From Chevrolet, the Cruze (best gas mileage of this group), Impala, Malibu, Equinox (crossover) and Traverse (crossover).

From Buick, the Lucerne, Regal, Lacrosse (sedans), and Enclave (crossover/SUV)

From GMC, the Acadia and the Terrain (both crossover/SUVa).

From Cadillac, the STS, CTS, DTS (sedans), and the SRX (crossover/SUV).

To check out these vehicles, I’d suggest going to the brand page and browsing. When you find one that you like, our pages have a “Competitive Comparison” tool where you can see how our products stack up against like vehicles.

Hope this is helpful,

Sarah

GM Customer Service

• 9 years ago

Cadilac SRX is sweeeeet! The Audi SUV is my second favorite. The Buick enclave is super nice. Of course the Volvo SUV is awesome too.

I have a jeep Cherokee Laredo and it costs me $65 to fill up the tank! That gives be around three hundred something miles ( so this car may not be for you).

The Toyota Corolla is a super reliable, fuel economic car with a nice size trunk. The stroller will fit!

The Honda accord is another good reliable car with a very sleek look.

Happy Shopping :-)

• Huba
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

A Camry with a 4 cylinder motor will give you space, fuel economy, safety, reliability, and quality. In the past, I bought one on-line before going to the dealer and paid dealer invoice, not MSRP. Now is a good time for a 2011. Forget the bells and whistles - voice activated radio, special paint, etc. - and focus on your needs. Good luck.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.