Looking for Ideas for new car (or smaller SUV)?

I'm looking at getting a new car in the next 6 months or so, and want to get a jump start on looking around at vehicles, reviews etc. I'm hoping for something a bit bigger than the little hatchback I drive currently.

I'm looking for something not too big

Must Haves include:

- Decent size backseat (legroom and/or room for carseat(s) in the future)

- Decent Fuel economy (and on this note is it worth it to go Hybrid)

- Good Safety Ratings

- 4 Doors! A two door vehicle is just not for me

- Reliable... and on this note not too costly to maintain (and fix)

- Good amount of Trunk Space, I like to travel (and again thinking of later on,,, fitting baby crap such as a 3 wheel stroller and groceries)

- Something that handles alright in the snow

Would like suggestions for both cars and small SUVs please

Favorite Answer

Congratulations on your upcoming car purchase, and way to get a jump start on your research.

Some GM products that match your description include:

From Chevrolet, the Cruze (best gas mileage of this group), Impala, Malibu, Equinox (crossover) and Traverse (crossover).

From Buick, the Lucerne, Regal, Lacrosse (sedans), and Enclave (crossover/SUV)

From GMC, the Acadia and the Terrain (both crossover/SUVa).

From Cadillac, the STS, CTS, DTS (sedans), and the SRX (crossover/SUV).

To check out these vehicles, I’d suggest going to the brand page and browsing. When you find one that you like, our pages have a “Competitive Comparison” tool where you can see how our products stack up against like vehicles.

Hope this is helpful,

Sarah

GM Customer Service

Cadilac SRX is sweeeeet! The Audi SUV is my second favorite. The Buick enclave is super nice. Of course the Volvo SUV is awesome too.

I have a jeep Cherokee Laredo and it costs me $65 to fill up the tank! That gives be around three hundred something miles ( so this car may not be for you).

The Toyota Corolla is a super reliable, fuel economic car with a nice size trunk. The stroller will fit!

The Honda accord is another good reliable car with a very sleek look.

Happy Shopping :-)

• Huba

A Camry with a 4 cylinder motor will give you space, fuel economy, safety, reliability, and quality. In the past, I bought one on-line before going to the dealer and paid dealer invoice, not MSRP. Now is a good time for a 2011. Forget the bells and whistles - voice activated radio, special paint, etc. - and focus on your needs. Good luck.