? asked in Business & FinanceTaxesCanada · 8 years ago

If I move to Switzerland, and get dual citizenship, will I still have to pay Canadian taxes?

3 Answers

  • Fred S
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    You pay taxes to your country of residence. You can be a resident of only one country at a time.

    Until the day you move, you file and pay Canadian taxes. After that you file and pay Swiss taxes.

    If you have investments in a foreign jurisdiction, they will likely withhold income tax from your earnings, but foreign taxes withheld are a credit on your country of residence return.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • George
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

    You would only have to file and/or pay taxes here if you are a Canadian resident for tax purposes or you have income here.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    only on money you earn in canada

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.