What do you think is the strongest position available in NFL 2012 free agency?

I know it is a long time away, but I wanted to take an early look. Here are some notables at each position (excluding kickers and punters):

QB (Excluding Fitzpatrick and Brees, who are definitely going to re-sign)

Jason Campbell

Kyle Orton

Rex Grossman

Alex Smith

Vince Young

RB

Cedric Benson

Benjarvus Green-Ellis

Arian Foster

Ryan Grant

Ray Rice

Adrian Peterson

WR

Dwayne Bowe

Braylon Edwards

Mario Manningham

Robert Meachem

Marques Colston

Pierre Garcon

TE

Jake Ballard

John Carlson

Marcedes Lewis

Greg Olsen

Visanthe Shiancoe

OL

Ryan Diem

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Ben Grubbs

DL

Aaron Smith

Cory Redding

Amobi Okoye

Robert Mathis

John Abraham

Aubrayo Franklin

Darnell Dockett

LB

London Fletcher

Ben Leber

Brandon Ruud

EJ Henderson

Mario Williams

DB

Jason Allen

Michael Griffin

Leon Hall

Brent Grimes

Rashean Mathis

Chris Hope

Which position has the most depth in this group of potential free agents?

Update:

Sorry, forgot about the AP extension. Just disregard that.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

QB.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • RB for sure: Adrian Peterson best back in the game, Ray Rice one of the most versatile and dominate RBs in the game , Cedric Benson is pretty great runner despite my personal dislike of him, Arian Foster is such a beast to go along with all the others

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Easily Half back, but I think everyone at the HB section will resign with there team, maybe not Cedric Benson and Ryan Grant but who knows.

• 3 years ago

i might say the draft, yet its very close... on offense, 4 out of 11 starters have been drafted (Leonard Weaver and could Heller have been undrafted unfastened brokers, and Matt Hasselbeck and Deion branch have been obtained via way of trades; the different 3 have been obtained via unfastened business enterprise) on protection, 7 out of 11 starters have been drafted (all 4 non-draftees have been FA additions) of expert-bowlers, 3 have been obtained via unfastened business enterprise/paying for and advertising (Hasselbeck, Kerney, Peterson) and 3 have been drafted (Jones, Tatupu, Trufant). on the grounds that we are speaking on the subject of the final 5 years regardless of the undeniable fact that, you may point out that Seattle's best participant ever and easily MVP, Shaun Alexander, grew to become right into a fabricated from the draft, regardless of the undeniable fact that he's not with the gang. although, Matt Hasselbeck, arguably the "face of the franchise" suitable now grew to become right into a fabricated from a commerce (regardless of the undeniable fact that Lofa Tatupu is additionally pronounced to have that call, and he grew to become into drafted - a pass many talked approximately as stupid given his low score interior the draft). i think of on the grounds that Tim Ruskell took over after 2004, Seattle has been between the suited communities at recuperating itself the two via way of the draft and via unfastened business enterprise.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Adrian Peterson signed a contract extension alreasy. I think its between Running back, or wide receiver.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.