Will doubling up my socks keep my feet warmer in a freezer?

I basically work in a freezer, and my feet get pretty cold at times. I wear steel toed rubber boots, with my pants tucked into them. What kind of socks would be best, if I wanted to wear just one pair. I am worried that my feet will sweat as well, and then get really cold, if wet. TY! ;)

Favorite Answer

Opt for socks made from Merino wool, polyester, nylon and elastane. As your feet sweat, these materials wick away the moisture from your feet. This simple action keeps your feet dry and therefore warm. Moist feet quickly turn into clammy and cold feet, and no matter how thick the socks are, if they are permitting moisture to stay near the skin, they will fail to provide warmth. A good example is the North Face snowboard light sock. A pair of these socks is perfect for snowboarding boots and also for your ski boots.

Read more at Trails.com: What Are the Warmest Socks for Skiing? | Trails.com http://www.trails.com/list_1347_what-warmest-socks...

• Frank

If your feet sweat, the sweat won't have a chance to evaporate, so it won't make your feet colder.

SmartWool is a brand of wool that is warm and easy to wash, but any wool sock will do it. Buy a thick pair.

1

Source(s): Eliminate Hyperhidrosis Forever http://StopExcessiveSweating.teres.info/?2F95

Wear as many socks as you can and long johns to keep you warm.

Source(s): Winter

go to you're local sports store, if an outfitter store is not available like a cabelas or a bass pro