Will doubling up my socks keep my feet warmer in a freezer?

I basically work in a freezer, and my feet get pretty cold at times. I wear steel toed rubber boots, with my pants tucked into them. What kind of socks would be best, if I wanted to wear just one pair. I am worried that my feet will sweat as well, and then get really cold, if wet. TY! ;)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Opt for socks made from Merino wool, polyester, nylon and elastane. As your feet sweat, these materials wick away the moisture from your feet. This simple action keeps your feet dry and therefore warm. Moist feet quickly turn into clammy and cold feet, and no matter how thick the socks are, if they are permitting moisture to stay near the skin, they will fail to provide warmth. A good example is the North Face snowboard light sock. A pair of these socks is perfect for snowboarding boots and also for your ski boots.

Read more at Trails.com: What Are the Warmest Socks for Skiing? | Trails.com http://www.trails.com/list_1347_what-warmest-socks...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Frank
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

If your feet sweat, the sweat won't have a chance to evaporate, so it won't make your feet colder.

SmartWool is a brand of wool that is warm and easy to wash, but any wool sock will do it. Buy a thick pair.

• 3 years ago

Source(s): Eliminate Hyperhidrosis Forever http://StopExcessiveSweating.teres.info/?2F95
  • 9 years ago

Wear as many socks as you can and long johns to keep you warm.

Source(s): Winter
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

go to you're local sports store, if an outfitter store is not available like a cabelas or a bass pro

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.