i want to go on a mission trip?

i REALLY want to go on a mission trip, i just don't know where do get started. I want to go this christmas, so is there any organizations that are doing something?? or what is a good one to go through that is safe? and, yah, how do i do this?? i am 17 so i want to be careful but i want to have a life changing time too! any ideas??

thanks so much :D

wow, some people are taking this TOTALLY the wrong way, honestly if you have nothing nice or half intelligent to say, don't say it!

• B
    Favorite Answer

Global Expeditions is a ministry that works with Teen Mania (a Christian ministry that reaches out to teens) to take teenagers and young adults on mission trips during Christmas, spring, and summer break. They have trips lasting from 1 week- 2 months and different ministry focuses and physical difficulty levels. One of these trips would be a good experience, but it will cost you. I believe prices range from $800-$8000 depending on location and length of the trip.

Visit http://www.globalexpeditions.com/index.cfm/PageID/... for more info on Global Expeditions and http://www.teenmania.com/ for more info on Teen Mania

Check with your church first- many have short term missions opportunities for youth. If your church does not have a program, then the minister or youth minister may be able to point you toward resources.

Be VERY careful- there are a lot of agencies that do missions trips, but not all are legitimate. I would suggest checking with programs such as International Missions Board, North American Missions Board, Youth With A Mission, Women's Missionary Union. However, it may be difficult for you, as a minor, to get involved without the involvement of your church- especially at Christmas time, as there are some opportunities then, but most youth missions seem to be during the summer.

I am taking my 13 year old daughter on a missions trip to China next summer. We will be working with an organization called Bring Me Hope.

hi! ok well I'm 14 and through myy church, i've been on about 5 mission trips :) I live in San Diego, so I've been to:

-mexico

-africa

-hondorous (spelling?)

-afganistan

-taiwan

As long as you go with a group of people, it's generally safe. Try World Vision I think... and also, you could always just go minister at a local soup kitchen, or gather a bunch of people and do homeless ministries!

Sure, help people, but don't try to lure them into some stupid religion.

Why don't you stay home and mind your own business. Don't you think missionaries have done enough damage?

afganisthan