wiped Vista off HDD when installing XP O.S. I get error messages, what do I need to do to install XP without?

I'm a computer Tech by trade so any suggestions would be valuable, down grading

the O.S can be done I've already wiped the HDD, and partioned it, just need to

figure out how I can install the O.S without any error messages. I even tried using the

restore cds that came with the unit and I still get error messages. So there's some thing

missing The O.S isn't the issue.

Favorite Answer

Now you appear to be part way, disk in DC player, hit F12 as you are booting, this gives you the boot menu, choose Boot From CD, watch the bottom left corner of your screen when asked to press any key tp boot from CD, do it, install hte Xp, and then get all your drivers off the net. Job's done. And if you want to go back to XP, don;t take any notice of knockers

Source(s): Experience

Down grading a computer from Vista or Windows 7 is not an easy thing to do, and is much more difficult then simply installing the OS disc. This is because your OS is now lacking the drivers to operate the different hardware in your computer.

Due to the fact that you did not know this, I would suggest you bring it to a computer repair shop and have them install Windows Vista back on to the Machine and live with a better Operating System. Windows XP has gone the way of the dinosaurs.

What error messages are you getting? If you are a computer tech by trade why are you not checking the error messages on support.microsoft.com or technet for a resolution? As a technician you should know 'Im getting an error' is pretty much useless without more specific information for troubleshooting.