nitsrek asked in TravelCanadaQuebec · 9 years ago

What are the rules for US citizens renting property in Quebec?

Where can I find the most credible information (in English or French) on the web about US citizens renting property in Canada?

3 Answers

  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Immigration and Citizenship Canada (like in the UK and the USA) is now registering immigration consultants and implementing a zero tolerance policy for fraud.

    Even though you say that you want to "rent" (and nothing about immigrating to Canada) : If you explain to Immigration and Citizenship Canada what you would like to do then they can probably point you in the right direction. They don't want to sell you anything.

    The other side of the coin is the US perspective. I have no idea who is responsible for that in the US government but I do know (from my experiences in the past) that many American citizens are surprised (or even shocked) at what their own government allows as legal or, alternately, makes illegal for US citizens spending time working, studying or relaxing outside of the the USA.

    BTW : If you are interested in learning Quebec French you might try Namke Learn Quebec French.

    Source(s): Immigration and Citizenship Canada web page called : Don't get cheated by a crooked immigration consultant Namke Learn Quebec French :
  • JJ
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

    There are no specific rules about it...anyone can rent property in Quebec, but the regular immigration laws still apply. Without a visa or anything you can spend up to 6 months per year in Canada, otherwise you need a visa.

  • 9 years ago

    You can rent anything you want. Just pay for it in Canadian dollars.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.