How can Muslims believe in Jesus when they don't believe in the passing down of the Torah or the Gospel?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

as salaam.

Insha'Allah, we accept the Taruat / Torah and we accept the Injels / Gospels as revealed scriptures however, we believe and scholars has demonstrated that these have been altered, edited, changed and thereby distorted by man.

Issa / Jesus, 'alayhi salaam, was a great prophet, the last prophet sent directly to the Jews. He and his mother, Maryam, were sent to the Jews as a sign that the Jews rejected.

In the Holy Qur'an, there is a surah about Maryam and Issa, 'alayhi salaam, is mentioned repeatedly as is Noah, Yusuf, Jacob, Ibrahim, Isaac, Isma'il and Musa, 'alayhi salaam and other prophets of Allah, Subhanna wa Ta'ala. Alhamdulillah!

We do not accept the Issa, 'alayhi salaam, was an equal or a son of Allah, Subhanna wa Ta'ala however, we do accept him as a prophet and messenger.

ma'a salaam

• punch
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

So? Why can one not believe in Jesus if the don't believe in the passing down of the Torah or the Gospel? Is there a law saying to believe in Jesus you must believe those 2 things? I don't remember that from my bible study days. You know, Jesus is, in the Koran as well as the bible.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

What are your going on about. Muslims accept the Torah, The Gospels and The Psalms of the Bible. They believe that Jesus is going to return and that He will establish Islam as the one and only true religion.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

The original Torah and original Gospel are found within the Qur'an.

Jesus(pbuh) is a prophet in Islam.

Not much more I can say there.

The current day Torah and Gospel are corrupted by man.

They are full of some truths and falsehoods.

That doesn't change the fact that Jesus(pbuh) is a prophet.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • The Jesus muslims believe in is a prophet not the son of God.

• 9 years ago

Yes we believe in Jesus (peace be upon him), he was a Prophet of God sent to guide mankind.

And I suggest you concentrate on why the Jews reject Jesus, and how they clearly prove he was not prophesied in the Old Testament. Can you explain to me why the Torah and New Testament have two different God's and point two completely different directions?

• 9 years ago

They believe he existed, but that he didn't do what the Torah and Gospels said he did.

• 9 years ago

Muslims believe Jesus was just another prophet but we know that Jesus is much more then that.

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

believe me, ive been asking the same question for about 8 years!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.