Eagle
Lv 4
Eagle asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 9 years ago

If US tries to invades Pakistan will India and Afghanistan be from Pakistan's side?

Recently Pakistan Army Chief General Kayani told BBC that "Pakistan is not Iraq or Afghanistan. America will pay heavy price if it tries to invade Pakistan." Even Pakistan's Ex-Army Chief General Beg said same thing in a different way in his interview with Russian Television RT.

Afghanistan's President Hamid Karzai said if US attacks Pakistan, no matter what happened in the past, we will be from Pakistan's side. Making it very clear that US attempts to reform Afghanistan did not yield much for America. Afghans don't like them.

Recently In spite of two wars fought between India and Pakistan, India helped Pakistan to become a member of United Nation's Security Council. In return Pakistan granted India a status of Most Favoured Nation for international trade.

Pakistan has nuclear power which is a big threat to America. If Pakistan's nukes fall in to the hands of AL-Quaida they will surly use it against America. If they can't, they will sell those weapons to Iran or North Korea. America can prevent happening that only by taking over Pakistan and their nuclear weapons. Also Osama Bin Laden was hiding in Pakistan with the help of ISI. Therefore I believe that Pakistan is a next target for America. Iran doesn't have nuclear weapons. So Iran is not that priority to America.

Now tell me if US tries to invades Pakistan will India and Afghanistan be from Pakistan's side?

Update:

Will China protect Pakistan?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I am an Indian, and I am not a Pakistan hater. I always try to be neutral with my views.

In case of an attack on Pakistan by any country, America even, India would remain neutral. May be condemn human rights violations vocally, but never get involved or try to 'help' Pakistan.

The situation is far more complicated than can be casually discussed on Yahoo Answers.

You must remember that in 1971, India did get involved militarily in what was East Pakistan(now Bangladesh) was embroiled in a civil war with the Pakistan Army(which consisted of men mostly from the West Pakistan region). It was seen as an occupational force by the locals. The reason why India got involved was because in India, there was a lot more anti-Pakistan sentiment at the time because during partition, Pakistan sent in troops into Kashmir and successfully annexed about 40% of the area. But the king of Kashmir and the opposition pro-democracy parties, both decided to accede to India. So this was seen as betrayal by Pakistan. The Indian Government in 1971 was under a lot of pressure to help the separatists in Bangla liberation war. So the India got involved militarily and helped the pro-independence fighters there.

Times have changed, but Kashmir continues to be a bone of contention between both countries. Especially because of the people of the Kashmir Valley, a majority of whom are Muslims and a lot of people there want Kashmir as a nation(about 60% of the Valley), some even want to be Pakistanis(about 12%). And Pakistan has armed some separatist fighters here with weapons delivered across the uncontrollably porous border and the hilly terrain helps. So the separatist movement in Kashmir has gained strength starting from the 90s especially.

Things have calmed down over the last four years or so though. And currently, it looks like both countries are starting to settle down peacefully and talk about the Line of Control in Kashmir. But that hasn't stopped the Kashmir problem itself. There is a lot of support of Kashmir's self determination within the Kashmir valley which is the most populated region of Indian Kashmir. So, in this complex scenario, India would like Pakistan to stop supporting the separatists.

Taking into consideration all these situations and events, my analysis is that India will not support Pakistan in the case of an attack by the US, nor will it side with the US. It will remain neutral.

But in the eventuality of a direct conflict with Pakistan during Pakistan's war with the US, India may side with the US. This can happen if, the Pakistani establishment or the Army decides to attack India on the western front to pull in China also into the picture. That would lead to an ugly series of events which we are better off not thinking about.

By and large, every wise country in this current economic situation will try not to engage in military operations, with a few exceptions of-course.

We all wish there should be no wars, don't we?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

China will protect Pakistan, because they are allies against India. Afghanistan may help, but I do not think India will. After 1947 India and Pakistan may never be friends after what the attacks on India from Pakistan. Also after what the Muslims did to the Hindus in Pakistan India will never forget that. And US and India are friends.

• Steve
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Nuclear weapons are the taboo weapons. I don't think Pakistan, even with sympathies to Al-Queda, would willingly give a nuke away to terrorists. IF they did, then when we trace it back to it's source all bets are off. Any nation that would willingly arm terrorists with nukes is a threat to ALL nations and would receive little support or sympathy.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Apparently you've ignored the terrorist attacks on India, which have connections to Pakistan.

Quite frankly, the only thing that has kept India from smacking Pakistan itself is US good will.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

That is not going to happen. what will more likely happen is Iran will invade Iraq after we leave. Egypt will turn radical muslim, so will Labia and Afghanistan. We do the work Iran gets the spoils. ever wonder who our president is working for?

• 9 years ago

Afghanistan definitely will India definitely won't.

• 7 years ago

Obviously Afghani's n Indian's hate Pakistan n both r allies n also they want to destroy Pakistan both USA,India n Afghanistan r Involved in BLA group which is a big threat for Pakistan n work in Blochistan (Pakistan's province) but they can't do whatever they wont.USA,India n Afghanistan cant war with Pakistan Because its nukes is at no.5 n no.1 Intelligence n also high special training forces like SSG.China n UAE always help Pakistani's.it will become WWE may b Iran,Russia,China n all Arab Countries involve in this war.

• 9 years ago

Nope. -ESPECIALLY since India has Never been a Ally to Pakistan... ;)

Source(s): Reality
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Pakistan is fast becoming a rogue nation and hated for its piracy by all good neighbours

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.