Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 9 years ago

Should I always support my ankle? Ace wrap, lace ankle brace or tape for most of the time? ANKLE HELP!?

I injured my ankle a while ago and I got a brace for doing sports. It hurts when I walk around sometimes though. So until it heals should I just wear something everywhere I go? If yes should I use an ace wrap, a soft lace up brace, or just tape it? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

if your ankle hurting when you are just walking you need to get it checked out you should not wear any type of support all the time as your joint will become dependent on it and make it weaker

Source(s): Me ex footballer who broke ankle age 16

I am 32 and have been playing competitive soccer from i was 16, i have tore my ankle ligamnets 6-7 times, fractured my metatarsal (8 years ago) and fractured my talus bone (3-4 years ago) all in my right ankle. I bought the aircast A60 ankle brace after i got out of my cast and after i returned to football i never had one problem after that and I trained twice a week, played indoor 2-3 times per week and played a match on a Saturday. A normal ankle sprain can take weeks to heal, ice and elevate and give it time to heal properly. Some people do not believe in braces, but i couldnt have played without one. It is better to give yourself a few weeks now to let it heal rather than risk it and have to take months off, short term loss for a long term gain as they say, listen to your body, it will tell you what you can and cant do.

• ?

I badly sprained my ankle about 3 weeks ago. I was in a hurry going down the stairs, lost my balance and landed on a bad side of my left foot, causing my left ankle to be stretched going on the inside. The first 48 hours were excruciating and the pain was un-believable. I've never had a serious ankle injury before.

So I immediately treated it using the RICE method. The following day, the bruising and swelling were so horrible. I found out that I got a second degree sprain and immediately panicked after that. I had a football game on that week and it been looking forward to it because I've been training for rt. I had teammates that had similar injuries and it took them months to fully recover, some of them stopped playing altogether. So I kinda had a short-term depression because I can't imagine myself not being able to run and play sports anymore.

Because I was so desperate to recover again, I contacted a lot of people that I know who do sports and asked them if they had similar injuries. One friend of mine, from the boy's football team in my university, told me about H.E.M. Ankle Rehab. I got a copy 4 days after I got injured. I immediately read and followed what was instructed and felt improvement on the first day. I was able to walk a bit, but I was in pain.

A couple of days after that, the swelling and bruising were subsid-ing significantly and on the fourth day, I was walking comfortably again. Although I've had felt a bit of stiffness, I continued doing what was instructed. My sister was surprised that I have recovered this fast. I told her about this book and was shocked on how effective the procedures were. I'm just so happy that this book was shared to me and how effective it is.

Heal your ankle fully & fast?

placed on what ever is maximum gentle for you. individually, the ace wrap feels so lots extra suited than the delicate brace, and that i will fit into extra shoes, no longer in easy terms flipflops. yet placed on it in easy terms whilst it hurts or is bothering you, you do no longer want to toddler your foot too lots, then it won't heel exact. yet do permit your ankle breath. attempt in easy terms donning it at night along with your leg up on some pillows and placed ice on it too. desire your ankle feels extra suited!