Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 8 years ago

Should I always support my ankle? Ace wrap, lace ankle brace or tape for most of the time? ANKLE HELP!?

I injured my ankle a while ago and I got a brace for doing sports. It hurts when I walk around sometimes though. So until it heals should I just wear something everywhere I go? If yes should I use an ace wrap, a soft lace up brace, or just tape it? Thanks!

• Lee
    Favorite Answer

The support depends on what the injury was. You should not be doing any sports until the ankle has healed. Playing sports on the ankle while it still hurts delays the healing. Make an appointment with an orthopedic doctor to make sure it's doing ok. Then give it time to heal right. It has to support you the rest of your life.

• Lorie

I badly sprained my ankle about 3 weeks ago. I was in a hurry going down the stairs, lost my balance and landed on a bad side of my left foot, causing my left ankle to be stretched going on the inside. The first 48 hours were excruciating and the pain was un-believable. I've never had a serious ankle injury before.

So I immediately treated it using the RICE method. The following day, the bruising and swelling were so horrible. I found out that I got a second degree sprain and immediately panicked after that. I had a football game on that week and it been looking forward to it because I've been training for rt. I had teammates that had similar injuries and it took them months to fully recover, some of them stopped playing altogether. So I kinda had a short-term depression because I can't imagine myself not being able to run and play sports anymore.

Because I was so desperate to recover again, I contacted a lot of people that I know who do sports and asked them if they had similar injuries. One friend of mine, from the boy's football team in my university, told me about H.E.M. Ankle Rehab. I got a copy 4 days after I got injured. I immediately read and followed what was instructed and felt improvement on the first day. I was able to walk a bit, but I was in pain.

A couple of days after that, the swelling and bruising were subsid-ing significantly and on the fourth day, I was walking comfortably again. Although I've had felt a bit of stiffness, I continued doing what was instructed. My sister was surprised that I have recovered this fast. I told her about this book and was shocked on how effective the procedures were. I'm just so happy that this book was shared to me and how effective it is.

Heal your ankle fully & fast?

• cina

placed on what ever is maximum gentle for you. in my view, the ace wrap feels plenty greater suited than the comfortable brace, and that i will greater healthy into greater shoes, not basically flipflops. yet placed on it basically while it hurts or is bothering you, you do not % to infant your foot too plenty, then it won't heel top. yet do permit your ankle breath. attempt basically wearing it at night along with your leg up on some pillows and placed ice on it too. desire your ankle feels greater suited!

Yes u should wear an ace rap anywear u go