Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Why are Christians are obliged to forgive their enemies?

Christian Serial killers kill maim and torture innocent people. The following days, victims christian families are forced to forgive those christian criminals and even claiming they love them !

In Islam, even Allah cannot forgive criminals but gives the right to their victims to forgive to take revenge in this life or in the day of judgement, that's why offenders ask people forgiveness before their death in Islam.

Christians forgive their assaulters, while they are forgiven automatically by the weird christian God!

What a funny hypocrite religion you have gee

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Let me inform you of something Muslims fail to realize or accept! Judaism is over 4,000 yrs. old, Christianity about over 2,000 yrs. old and Islam is the new kid on the block at about 1,400 yrs. old. Between the 3 religions only Judaism and Christianity teach we MUST forgive others who have wronged us before God will forgive us. We must both repent and ask God and those we have wronged as well as forgive those who have wronged us. I praise my God, Jesus, for His forgiveness every day. Romans 3:23, For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. Jesus died for me, what has Allah done for you?

We can't expect God to forgive us if we are ourselves unforgiving. • The most important scripture as a Christian is found in 1 John 3:16, Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. One of the most difficult action we can demonstrate as Christians is the act of forgiveness. This because we are human beings who find it difficult at times to forgive others we believe have wronged us. Even Christians are subject to human frailties simply due to the fact we DO NOT have the mind of God !

I marvel that He loved me before I was born. I marvel He loves me and died for my sins! that is true forgiveness. John 15:13, Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. I have chosen a few of the 40 scriptures about forgiveness found in the Bible. I believe they are critical to our Christian walk and our testimony simply due to the fact we are the only the only "Jesus" the world will ever see ! It is our testimony that leads and encourages others to seek the Lord and accept Him as their Savior.

Matthew 18:21-22 Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.

Acts 7:59-60 And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” And falling to his knees he cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Matthew 5:21-24 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire. So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.

Colossians 3:8 But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth.

Ephesians 4:31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.

gatita

Apostolic Believer in One God, Jesus

Source(s): KJV Bible 1611

Why is your first assumption a white serial killer is a Christian? He could be atheist or agnostic or Muslim. Jesus taught us to forgive our enemies and those who wronged us because hatred gets in the way of our walk with God.

In Islam you say Allah does not forgive criminals but gives the right to their victums to take revenge in the day of judgement. Could you give the book and verse in the Qur'an, for I have not read that?

The Christians believe that God punishes evil doers and sinners, we are not saved by our prayers but as Gentiles by the grace of Jesus and if He can forgive than is it not right for us to do the same?

If you read the Torah, the Bible and the Qur'an you see that we all pray to the God of Abraham!!

God teaches us to forgive. One reason that forgiving is so important is for the person forgiving. As far as God is concerned he forgives those who are willing to change. Thus the importance of repentance, which is a concept I believe that you also believe.

However, have no doubt that we believe that there are consequences to our actions. Our God is both perfectly merciful and just. Forgiveness never was automatic.

Source(s): mormon.org

I'm not forced to do anything. God went to the cross and he forgave them, are we better than God i don't think so. I forgive so i can be forgiven and i feel better why hold on to anger when it's easier to forgive.

Source(s): Apostolic Oneness Faith

Since when do Christians forgive people?

• ?

God made anybody gay human beings gay, which includes King James. King James is yet yet another occasion of a Christian gay guy, basically like i'm, and basically like hundreds of others are. regardless of each and all of the anti-gay heterosexuals who declare we can't exist, we are here now, interior the previous and interior the destiny.

God teaches us to forgive each other.

christian serial killers,theirs no such thing.

Source(s): me