WGAFF
Lv 6
WGAFF asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 9 years ago

If someone is drinking while pregnant does that qualify as child endangerment?

She drank through her whole last pregnancy too but i cant stand it this time. Shes dumb. I just want to know if i call and report if they will even do anything. She got pictures all over FB of her drinking status messages about how hammered she is and going out to do it again....not only that she had her kidney removed less than 2 months ago cause it shut down! I dont know what to do anymore she just doesnt care but its not right for her to be able to keep getting pregnant to drink it up and hurt the baby! Help!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Ethel
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Nope not at all, it does qualify as being a dumbass.

You see there is only one person until delivery when one becomes two, until that time it is just a woman being stupid.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Here in the U.S. pregnant women are often encouraged to have one small glass of red wine a month since the wine is rich in vitamins, but that's it. Getting drunk often is child endangerment in this country. It often results in Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. An illness children of women who drink a lot while pregnant that causes everything from Downs Syndrome, Mental Retardation and even death.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

No. It's not.

In some ways I'm glad it isn't. A small drink once in a while is fine. There are studies that say a glass of wine every (I think it was 102ml every week) is okay.

But getting blasted.... how much does she care for her child? Obviously not a lot. Why not ask her if she's placing the child up for adoption as you would be interested. When she asks why, explain how you assumed she didn't care about the child if she's getting so drunk.

• 9 years ago

It should, but it doesn't. It really disgusts me to listen to mothers on here talk about their "right" to drink alcohol during their pregnancy. I'm sorry, but look at the pictures of the poor children born with FAS. Was it their right to drink too? Would you hand a glass of wine everynight at dinner to your newborn? How about a cocktail? No? Well you're putting it right into it's mouth if you drink while pregnant.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

yes it is, however if she is even the least bit cleaver she will just lie and get away with it. Because if you drink a small amount and lots of water during your pregnancy it won't affect your baby.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

It depends on if it was a good quality booze, if so then NO! Otherwise yes.

• 9 years ago

no. but it absolutley should. its a shame its not

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.