i have a 2003 chevy impala elect window quit working replaced switch still does not work t work?

I have checked the fuses and the wires. I replaced the switch and I can hear where it is trying to run, but nothing happens.

Sounds like you need a new window regulator and motor. They come in on piece. Regulator is cable operated and when the cable breaks just the motor runs and nothing happens. These cables break a lot and not just on GM vehicles but on Dodge and Fords too. Gm at heart but now work for Dodge dealership and I sell a ton of Mopar regulators.

Source(s): 34 year GM tech

Ck power and ground at the window motor with a test light. That would have been the first thing to ck. Is it just one window, or all?

Source(s): Gm tech long time

A much a we bleed Chevrolet red it seems as though they go through more than their share of window actuator motors.

Source(s): Alignment, suspension and brake shop.

Did you check the fuse?

you probably need to replace the window motor.