Pokemon..... Y U MAKE NO SENSE!? D:?

I remember when I was little, there was like one pokemon series. There was Ash, Misty, and Brock. There were 150 pokemon. Now, there's like 50000000 pokemon series that have new characters in each one, and there's like thousands of new pokemon! What ever happened with Ash and Misty anyway? Did she go back with her sisters in Cerulean City? Why do the pokemon creators feel the need to keep creating new series and pokemon?! GAAAAHHHHH.

kthxbye.

Best Answer

Misty ended up back at cerulean gym because her sisters won a trip around the world and they can't just shut down the gym as it would be irresponsible and they'd get their gym ownership revoked. She was the best teammate out of the girls though.

Though I agree with you, it sucks now. Basically, they turned it into a cash cow, thus disregarding any need for character development. Also, its aimed towards kids, and they dont challenge the logic that after 20 years Ash is still 10 and nowhere near his goal.

Also, it continues to do well as a cash cow, and markets well so I doubt they'd try to 'fix' it; as in the storyline and all of the inconsistencies in the series.

• Honestly Pokemon should have ended back when Ash, Misty, and Brock were all heading back and they had that dramatic flashback and went their separate ways. I think everyone would have been completely fine with that kind of ending. Once Max and May joined in Pokemon was killed for me. I watched up to DP where Dawn joins, but it just isn't the same without the original characters. I don't know why the producers think making more and more episodes is going to help the anime. Every good thing needs to come to an end and Pokemon should have come to that end a long time ago.

I know what you mean. Pokemon, at this point, are running out of ideas. They've dragged the searies on for to long, now the Pokemon look and sound to much like real animal. As for Misty... I think she left to be a jim leader or whatever... I don't know... Maybe she left to attend an actual school to get an actual education! So she can have an actual job! Unlike Ash...

The pokemon anime's only purpose is to market the games. New pokemon need to be created for the games because there's not many other ways to change the game. The method works and pokemon does very well, both as a game and on tv. They're making money and see no reason to fix something that isn't broken.

@Enigmatic Affliction Marketing for the games. And the anime does extremely well as well. I don't know why that's hard to understand...

Why so many pokemon? that's an easy question. have you seen the evolution rate of pokemon. it's one day you're this then bam next day you're a completely different species. all it'd take is some minor variations and selective breeding (remember brock was a pokemon breeder) and bam new pokemon. that and the fact that the target audience is constantly growing out of pokemon and a new audience is growing into it so new audience = new pokemon. hope that helped a bit. FYI I stopped after the whole Orange Island thing. That was just stupid.

This is because Pokemon was soldout to a new producer.

Source(s): A theory

How else are we going to sell more and more cards for the game

This is a conspiracy.