? asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 9 years ago

Ladies, would you data a hobo if he had a nice personality?

Date* But you probably figured that out.

There are people even with PHDs who have found themselves homeless. Not everyone who is a hobo is a drunk, an addict or unstable. With a high unemployment rate, one can find themselves homeless with an unfortunate turn of events.

Favorite Answer

No.

• ?

it would really need too be a good reason

unfortunate events can be manouvered around if you are willing to do what is needed and ask for help while you get back on your feet..so it should be a temporary phase not one which lasted for a length of time before figthing yourself back out of it

and also if you didnt spend more then you had before the economic crisis it shouldnt hit you as hard instantly

its not the fact he is a Hobo which would stop me from dating him, but the reasons why he was a hobo would in many cases stop me, i know some just been unfortunate, but i would expect them to try and do something about it, if they werent then no its not the kind of person i would want too date...

• Avalon

I think the last thing a "hobo" needs is a girlfriend. He would have more important things to worry about, such as where his next meal is coming from or where he's going to sleep. If I met one that I really liked, I'd try to help him instead. I'm sure he'd appreciate this far more than a silly girlfriend.

Hard question!

I would probaply not, since for a relationshit to work for me, i need someone with stability, and hobos rarely have that.

I believe that hobos are hobos for a reason, they might be on drugs, alcoholics, have been unresponsible, or anything like that.

And thats not a good base for a serious relationship.

i think it's wiser to find why he becomes a hobo. what if he was very successful before, but his close friend back stabbed him and take all his money? what if he had a wife who spent lots of his money and just left him with all her debts?

you should figure out WHY..

Depends on the reason he's homeless.

• ?

If he had a PhD and were undergoing exceptional circumstances, yes.

Maybe, they're really cute but having no money would be a bit of a problem

Sure I would and in today's world with equality of gender, I would pay for the date :-))

Depends on whether he was begging for change

No. You can't date someone who can't afford to take you out.