Who do you think will get the final wild card spot in the AFC?

Let's assume the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Texans, and Raiders all make the playoffs. That leaves one spot left for one of the following teams:

Jets

Bills

Bengals

Titans

Broncos

Who gets the final spot and why?

• Bucky
    Best Answer

Im going with Tennessee, after that comeback yesterday im convinced they have the talent to do it

By looking at their schedules I see the Bengals, Jets, Titans going 9-7 and the Bengals hold the tie breaker over the Titans. the Bengals also have a good chance of going 10-6 or better so if I were a betting man I would bet on the Bengals. The Bengals also still have a very good chance of winning that division they still play the Ravens and Steelers.

• James

Not to go against your question, but why are we assuming the Texans are in? They are down to their third qb and have a tough schedule: vs Falcons, @ Bengals, vs Panthers, @Colts, and vs Titans. I think they are fortunate to win two of those games! Therefore, I have to give the Titans the best chance to get a playoff berth. However, I see it more as a division winner.

In terms of wild card, I'd have to go with Jets. As much as I don't like them, their schedule isn't that tough. It's also somewhat a process of elimination as the Bills are done, Bengals will lose again to the Ravens and Steelers, I alreadys talked about the Titans, and I think it's too little too late for Tebow...they also need to win their division.

• Bengals with the Broncos in the 7 spot.

• Jun

Bengals; Andy Dalton is playing way better than Tebow, the Jets aren't going nowhere with the Giants in their schedule. Bills are pretty much done since they are too inconsistent, had they won yesterday against the Jets then maybe they have a shot. The Titans I doubt it.

Bangals or Broncos.

If the season were to end today. The bengals would get it. The broncos trail the bangels for the wild card spot by on game.

Even though denver is tied for their current spot, Den Wins tie break over Tennessee and NY Jets based on best win percentage in conference games.

Source(s): ESPN
  • Levi

Bengals. Dominant O-line that anchors a strong running game and gives Dalton time to work his magic. Also one of the best defenses in the NFL.

I would say Buffalo, but they've been devastated by injuries.

Jets are falling apart offensively.

Titans and Broncos are lucky, not good.

Whichever teams wins 10 games I think...

Denver's got two "tough" game left against the Bears(who are beatable) and the Patriots

Buffalo's got New England and a bunch of winable games...however, they're 5-6, so I'd count them out at this point

Cincy's got PIT, BAL, and a bunch of winnable games (like Houston, STL, ARZ) I say they can finish 10-6, and probably would be my pick for the WC

Jets have a relatively soft schedule ahead, but two games they may have some trouble (@Philly, vs NYG)...so I say 9-7 for them, and miss playoffs

Titans.........not really liking them at all. New Orleans and Houston ahead...they may finish 10-6, but since they lost to the Bengals, they don't make WC

Broncos or Bengals

i like the Bengals..exceedingly possible final time table to boot that ravens sport. i think of the Jets lose to the Giants and Eagles and pass 9-7 and omit...Denver/Oakland are the only different selection, yet Oakland isnt enjoying that amazingly, so i say they omit

I think the Titans have a good chance. If they play like they did yesterday then they will be in.