Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 9 years ago

Anime fans! I need help! :)?

So, I just moved to a rural area and basically, I have 3 gigs of wi-fi a month here so that means no video streaming wich = no online anime. Lame.

Sooo instead i've been buying anime series on ebay that I really like and that aren't too expensive.

I just bought Marmalade Boy, after hearing about it and reading the wiki.

I love it. I have bought a few others such as Maid Sama, DBZ, Inuyasha, Ouran, and all Studio Ghibli films, but now i'm done watching them and want more :)

What is a reeeeally good anime worth buying? I like romance animes a lot but I also like exciting action like in Inuyasha, Naruto and Bleach. Oh, and anything extremely funny i'm down for aswell :)

Sorry for the long story lol, any recommendations?

I guess I didn't really tell you what animes I have already seen lol

Here are some off the top of my head, you don't have to read the whole thing its just for reference :)

Inuyasha, Fushigi Yuugi, Pretear, Clannad, Ayashi no Ceres, Naruto, Bleach, Peach Girl, Kaichou wa Maid Sama, B Gata H Kei, Fruits Basket, Special A , Sailor Moon, Tokyo Mew Mew, Ouran High School Host, Marmalade Boy, Itazura na Kiss, Onegi Teacher, Onegi Twins, The Walflower, Dragon Ball Z, Digimon, Pokemon, Fullmetal Alchemist, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Naruto Shippuden

Hanasakeru Shiesheonen, Toradora, Vampire Knight, Kimi Ni Todoke, Kodocha, The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumia, Skip Beat, Cardcapture Sakura, Full Moon wo Sagashite

Oh and I can't use my Netflix account anymore because I can't stream video (Canadian Netflix sucks big time anyways). And there is no library nearby (closest one is 15 minutes drive time)

Favorite Answer

Here's a list of series that you might like in vaguely descending order with series that I thought of first at the top petering out to stuff that I had to think about on the bottom:

*Definitely Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

-High School of the Dead is a good combination of action and romance

-Fruits Basket is a classic romantic comedy

-Soul Eater is a crazy awesome action anime

-Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is an epic action anime, but only get it if you're not immediately turned off by giant robot anime

-Helsing is a great one, vampires with guns

-Trigun has a lot of action and a lot of humor with a good story

-Hana Yori Dango is the classic romantic comedy from which pretty much everything else draws its material

--R.O.D. the movie is excellent action with a lot of characters with unique abilities. The series is good too but probably not worth a buy

-Yu Yu Hakusho is one of the best classic supernatural anime, similar to and better than Bleach

-Firefly. It's not an anime but it appeals to a lot of people who like anime and I would recommend it to any person looking to watch a tv show, it is that good

-Cowboy Bebop is an older space odyssey and very good with excellent music

-FLCL is a great comedy, sci-fi mini series by the same makers as Evangelion

-Eureka 7 is one of my personal favorites, although there are also a number of people who dislike the series. A good romantic series with giant robot battles

-The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya isn't really similar to any series you mentioned liking, but then again really doesn't have an analog to any series period. It's high school, its sci-fi, its fantasy, its mysterious, and it is undeniably awesome

-Skip Beat is a fun romantic comedy anime with an acting theme

-Elemental Gelad is a little known anime that has an action/adventure theme focused around a couple. I wouldn't suggest it except that you could probably find it cheap

-Fairy Tail is great action and on the same popularity level as Naruto and Bleach

-One Piece is a fun adventure anime with many varied characters, another hyper popular anime

-Death Note is a dark mind screw anime with very well-developed characters and themes

-Code Geas is very similar to Death Note but with a lot more action at the expense of some of the complexity

-Samurai Champloo is a great action series and funny

-Mahou Sensei Negima is a great combination of both action and romance, though it's a harem anime and you seem to be a fan of reverse harem animes (ie lots of guys going after a girl rather than lots of girls going after a guy)

-Nana is a very deep and dramatic romantic comedy

-Dragonball if you haven't seen it, it's the series that came before DBZ

-Card Captor Sakura is a good series, though admittedly for a younger audience

EDIT:

Based on the series you added:

-Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles is kind of a sequel to Card Captor Sakura with a lot of the same characters

-xxxHolic is a parallel series to Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. You don't need to watch them together but it is a good series

-Blood+ is another vampire series at about the same level as Vampire Knight

-School Rumble is a high school romantic comedy that is very silly

-Azumanga Daioh is great for a laugh and has a lot of cute characters though it's not very deep

-X/1999 is another Clamp series that came before Card Captor Sakura and its related series. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles references it a few times and if you like that series you'll like this one

-Flame of Recca is another action anime from the same era as yu yu hakusho and dragonball Z

Source(s): Personal experience

These are the animes I have watched Nana ( my all time favorite) Paradise Kiss, Death note, Peach Girl, Wall flower. You should check these out but try Nana first. If you have a library you can place these on hold for free on your library account online. So you can get free dvd instead of buying. You just have to wait for them to arrive at your library but they are worth it that's how I saw all these. Also you could try netflix in order to see them too.

• I would recommend KYO KARA MAOH. It is both action, comedy, and romance/drama. But mostly action. I love to watch it! I would also recommend FRUITS BASKET! It is definitely an anime worth watching. I don't know if you have seen it yet, but SUMMER WARS is another I recommend. Don't forget about DIGIMON! You must try it, if only one season or dvd that's fine, but I believe it is for all ages! Others I recommend are: SHAKUGAN NO SHANA, SHATTERED ANGELS, FULL METAL ALCHEMIST BROTHERHOOD. FAIRY TAIL has just started to be released on dvd's, i definitely think you should start with those too! NABARI NO OU, RUROUNI KENSHIN, TOKYO MAJIN, TOWER OF DRUAGA, XAM'D LOST MEMORIES, CODE GEASS, D.GRAY MAN, GUNDAM SEED, GUNDAM SEED DESTINY, GUNDAM 00, MABURAHO.

I RECOMMEND THEM ALL, BUT YOUR BEST BET IS WITH FRUITS BASKET, KYO KARA MAOH, AND MABURAHO.

Source(s): PK

Deathnote, full metal alchemist, Black cat (is a good one).

Thats all i can think of instantly... srry :P

Clannad.

It's a romance