Does the hcg drops diet work?

I'm going to Mexico in a few months and I need to lose weight fast! I don't want to do the hcg diet forever but I figure a couple months would be ok! I was wondering if anybody has had luck with this diet. What do you eat while you're on this diet? Do the drops work just as well as the shots?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the Federal Trade Commission issued seven warning letters on Tuesday December 6, 2011 to companies that sell the over-the-counter products, noting they have not been approved by the FDA for weight loss."

Finally the Food and Drug Administration has taken steps to stop this ridiculous product!!!!!!

Anyone that lost weight on the diet protocol only did because they were eating 500 calories a day and in starvation mode. The drops don't contain any real hcg anyway.

Of course under current law you can still get the shots. What doctor would want to end an all cash business since insurance companies won't pay for it for weight loss?

Finally some sanity. Can't wait to see what new "miracle" diet the con artists come up with next.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/06/us-fda-w...

Source(s): The FDA is similar to your NIH. They will probably follow suit.
  • 5 years ago

Keep a food diary. Seeing every morsel of food you’ve eaten in an day written down can enable you to see where you’re overdoing it, or reveal patterns or triggers to bad diet plan.

• 5 years ago

Always start your meal which has a salad. It'll fill you in place, making you eat less on the actual meal, and it's way fewer calories than typical deep-fried or perhaps cheesy apps.

• 4 years ago

Opt for the baked potato rather then french fries, and yes, eat skin!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Shasta
    Lv 5
    5 years ago

kick off your sunday shoes and dance to the first four songs off the footloose soundtrack

• 5 years ago

Wear comfy shoes so that you can take meetings for a walk rather then sitting at a desk.

• 5 years ago

Anybody for tennis? You’ll be reaching with the racket when we tell you which a 60-minute game can burn around 420 calories.

• 5 years ago

having less than 1 200 calories a day may slow down your metabolism

• 5 years ago

Set up reminders on your personal machine or phone every hour to encourage yourself to get up, walk around, and stretch.

• 5 years ago

instead of a margarita opt for tequila on the rocks with a lime wedge

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.