? asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheatre & Acting · 8 years ago

what is the motivation of i dreamed a dream, les miserables?

i am auditioning for the part of fantain, and i need to sing i dreamed a dream. how would i act to this song while i sing it? happy? sad? explain.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

It's a bitter-sweet song. Listen to it and figure out what emotions it triggers in you. Then work it out. If that doesn't help, then just do your best:)

Good luck!

Me

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

The role is Fantine - and all you have to do is read the words of the song to understand it.

It's really obvious what she's singing about.

When she was young she had all sorts of dreams of a wonderful life, she went out having fun, drinking and was really happy. Then it all went horribly wrong (she got pregnant and was dumped by her boyfriend) and now she has nothing left, no hope and no dreams.

• space
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

As you be conscious of, I dreamed a dream is an extremely tricky music. besides the undeniable fact that, it rather is interpreted in lots of strategies. i might recommend take a small rapid breathe earlier pushing that substantial observe (...as they turn your objectives *rapid breathe* to shameeee...) yet its ultimate to sing the music on the final key geared up for you. i think of thats what i might recommend yet once you decide on the unique,attempt to discover tutorials on respiration technique in view that thats the important in the full music and understanding the thank you to regulate with the highs and lows of the music. Annunciating your words wisely and sing for the objective audience to pay attention you loud and clean. Rebratos, i might say is what provides a amazing touch to the music. artwork on that, and you will be advantageous. It took me 13 years to suitable this music and function it rather is an element as my repertoire music record. stable success.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.