What could this movie be?

My mum was describing a movie to me that she swears we watched as a family. I'm pretty well-versed in movies yet I don't have any memory of it.

Her description: It's an end-of-the-world movie where the people have body parts falling off. They never explain the disaster. There's a doctor character. It's really depressing. It "might" be in black and white, or maybe in color, possibly changes during it. All the characters die at the end.

I thought it was Omega Man but she said it's not campy. It's also not American Zombie or The Road.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You say it's not campy and it's really depressing. Then I wonder if it was an oldie called Testament (1983).

Nuclear war in the United States is portrayed in a realistic and believable manner. The story is told through the eyes of a woman who is struggling to take care of her family. The entire movie takes place in a small suburban town outside San Francisco. After the nuclear attack, contact with the outside world is pretty much cut off.

The kids were bleeding from their "bottoms", if I remember right -- no body parts were falling off, however. It's assumed that all the characters die, in the end.

There's also The Day After (1983) in which a doctor is the main character and he's played by Jason Robards.

A graphic, disturbing film about the effects of a devastating nuclear holocaust on small-town residents of eastern Kansas.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.