Does this persuasive speech outline seem right to you?

Specific purpose: To persuade my audience that its important to drink water daily

Introduction

Water plays an important role for the body to function properly. According to the Nutrition Almanac, the adult body is between 45 percent and 65 percent of water. This includes water in blood,kidneys, muscles, and bones. We need water as we lose water everday from sweating, urinating, and breathing. I'm going to talk about why water is important, why drink water instead of soda, and how much water should you consume a day.

Body

A. There are many reason why water should be consume daily.

1.Health benefits of water

2.Why we lose water

3. Health problems that can occur if lack of water

B. It's best that water should be consumed instead of soda/pop

1.soda/pop vs water

2. Soda should be moderant

C. Although water is good for you it also can be bad for you especially if you drink too much in a short period time.

1. The risk of water intoxication

2.How to determined how much water is enough

3. Other sources of water

Is there anything that seems out of place or to add.I'm not really good at this speech stuff,haven't done speech outlines in like 6 years so if you could give me some advice I would appreciated

Favorite Answer

You should also talk about how water can still be dangerous.

I refer at hyponatremia, or as you may know it, water intoxication.

Here are 2 resources to help you out:

Looks pretty solid. Remove the word "I" from your intro. In fact, I'd shorten it up quite a lot. I've removed the stuff that I think would be better placed in the body of the speech:

According to the Nutrition Almanac, the adult body is between 45 percent and 65 percent water. We need water as we lose water everday from sweating, urinating, and breathing. Water plays an important role in critical bodily functions.

I'm not crazy about the word "water" repeating so many times, but I can't think of a way to change it at this moment.