Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

doug s asked in PetsCats · 9 years ago

What breed is my cat?

Its small 7 Lbs ,muscular, very long hair mostly black with a little white patch on its chest and belly, has reflectors on the top of its eye lids, big ears for its body and long fur on the feet, has a 1 inch tail with alot of fur only responds to the word fish lol

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

LOL at "reflectors on the top of its eye lids". WTF are you talking about?

Unless you have papers to prove otherwise your cat is simply a "domestic" - no breed at all just like over 97% of the cats on this entire planet.

Further proof it isn't a specific breed: a black cat of a specific breed would be solid black while it's VERY rare to find a black domestic that doesn't have a small patch of white on its chest or elsewhere on its body - even just a few hairs. That's because black cats were so persecuted over the centuries as "evil" so most black domestics have some white DNA in their background.

Love how everyone assumes that a cat without a tail or a short tail is immediately a "Manx". You wouldn't have a Manx unless you bought one from a breeder. The fact this cat has a short tail is simply a birth defect or because one of its parents had a short tail.

• 9 years ago

From the short tail it could be a Manx if the tail was a natural product. If the cat has tufts of hair on it's ears, it is most likely a Manx, or Manx cross, since it has long hair. You could just classify it as a domestic long hair for vet purposes. This basically covers any cat that doesn't meet breed specifics.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Just a DOMESTIC SHORT/LONG HAIR ( 97% of cats )

aka no particular breed

aka mutt

aka moggy

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

W/O a pedigree or registration papers, you have a black domestic shorthair of no particular breed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kim
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

there are cat types but lots of cats r just cats they don't allways have a name like i have a patchy cat nad i call her a farm cat cuz she looks like a cow and we got her on a farm

i have a black cat but he's tabby cuz when it's really bright he has stipes they look purple to me but my mum says there brown

• Dash
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Probably just a mixed breed. 99% of cats are just mixed breed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.