Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

If a human cannot play god?

If it is socially not acceptable for another human to end a humans life, such as assisted suicide, why is is socially acceptable for a human to kill a animal by force. (I'm talking about when the law says an animal is not allowed to be alive due to any reason even if it isn't true.) How is this acceptable to end a life, when we act like a dog/cat is just as valuable as a human. How is this socially acceptable? Just like if someone ran over a cat/dog you get a small fine, but it you run over a person/child you go to jail and get a fine. I'm sorry if this bugs anyone, I'm just curious about others opinions.

Favorite Answer

All social organisms are programed to care more about members of their own species than members of other species because a species can survive if it's members kill members of other species but it cannot survive if all of it's members kill each other. Humans tend to go by instinct without really questioning it.

"How is this acceptable to end a life, when we act like a dog/cat is just as valuable as a human." I'm really sorry here, I love my cat to pieces, but if it came to a choice of kill my cat or kill a person I really don't think I could kill the person. Basically we're people, the law is made by people, and most people put a higher value on human life than other animals. This has nothing to so with playing God but is part of our nature due to us been social animals. ALL social animals will exhibit behaviours that seem to disadvantage the individual but are good for the species.

God knew that Adam could partake of the forbidden fruit and sin. It grew to become into area of His plan so as that we could have the flexibility to return to the earth. of direction He forgave Adam; he grew to become into the 1st prophet on earth. all and sundry right here as we communicate sins. no person is appropriate and God knows of that. He knows individuals greater suitable than all of us understand ourselves and particular, if we repent, he will forgive us. this is the element with the Bible, this is been replaced lots of circumstances that particularly some translations are not real as we communicate. i'm grateful that God gave us the e book of Mormon. this is the main perfect e book of any e book on earth as we communicate. It hasn't been replaced - which shows that God's be conscious is the comparable the day gone by, as we communicate, and constantly. I definitely have study the e book of Mormon and am so grateful for the preparation it supplies me in my existence. i rather understand every time I study it that there is a God. He cares approximately us lots. If there wasn't a God, then our existence could have no meaning, no element, and no objective. How grateful am I that we do have a objective in this earth and a loving Heavenly Father that cares for us.

it's the food chain. we are ominovers for a reason. assised suicide is not okay because it's not the same species and humans have a nasty habit of believing we are superior to everything else in this world. that's why it's accepable, because they aren't human.

Human life, in general, is much more valuable than animal life.

its the goverments way of making people veiw humans as the king of life. they think we can kill anything in the world if we buy a liscense, but not humans. i am right their with ya

animals are not on the same level as humans. is it that hard to understand? there is a reason that humans are in control of the world

If that's true I really need to stop running over children

are you sure?

people just leave them all over the place, like they really don't want them anymore

are you sure you can't run them over?

It actually doesn't make sense. There is nothing wrong with assisted suicide. One of the many, many flaws within our society.

I suspect few of us would be surprised to see some who call themselves "atheists" enter the kindgom of heaven-?

--before some who call themselves "christian."

God looks on the heart, not the appearance.