JJ
Lv 6
JJ asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 8 years ago

Are you glad that Kim Jong-il is dead?

Kim Jong-il just died, are you happy about this? Do you think it will mean major change for North Korea, or do you just expect some other dictator will take over where he left off?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't think it will mean instantaneous change, but I do expect there to be more options for shifting.

In his older age, Kim Jong-il was pretty stable in his policies which helped keep the country despotic. Now that there is a shift, there is a chance for trends to turn, at least politically.

If we look honestly at the facts, North Korean citizens weren't getting any better under the stability of Kim Jong-il. Even if they get a different dictator, at least there is a chance that they could be more open or more liberalizing. Even if they see a civil-war by the military factions, it gives the great-great grand children a much better chance at a better life than they would have otherwise, even if there is increased bloodshed in the immediate time frame.

So I am glad that there is a chance for a shift in trends because of this. Past that, we can only hope for the outcome of peace and liberty for the North Korean citizenry.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

Yes and I hope there will be a revolution, but being somewhat cynical I don't think there will be much change considering China's vested interest.

• ?
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

It's said to be a sin to rejoice at someone's death but I ain't shedding any tears nor feeling any profound sense of deep loss.

• 8 years ago

yeah

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

ye i'm S.Korean and i'm glad

Source(s): SAMSUNG is a S.Korean company
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.