JJ
JJ asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 8 years ago

Are you glad that Kim Jong-il is dead?

Kim Jong-il just died, are you happy about this? Do you think it will mean major change for North Korea, or do you just expect some other dictator will take over where he left off?

Favorite Answer

I don't think it will mean instantaneous change, but I do expect there to be more options for shifting.

In his older age, Kim Jong-il was pretty stable in his policies which helped keep the country despotic. Now that there is a shift, there is a chance for trends to turn, at least politically.

If we look honestly at the facts, North Korean citizens weren't getting any better under the stability of Kim Jong-il. Even if they get a different dictator, at least there is a chance that they could be more open or more liberalizing. Even if they see a civil-war by the military factions, it gives the great-great grand children a much better chance at a better life than they would have otherwise, even if there is increased bloodshed in the immediate time frame.

So I am glad that there is a chance for a shift in trends because of this. Past that, we can only hope for the outcome of peace and liberty for the North Korean citizenry.

Yes and I hope there will be a revolution, but being somewhat cynical I don't think there will be much change considering China's vested interest.

• ?

It's said to be a sin to rejoice at someone's death but I ain't shedding any tears nor feeling any profound sense of deep loss.

yeah

ye i'm S.Korean and i'm glad

Source(s): SAMSUNG is a S.Korean company