When did Hermione start being called "the brightest witch of her age?"?

I see her being called that all the time, did it actually start somewhere? Is it a quote from a book?

I know she's really smart, I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan, I've just finished reading the series for the 14th time, and I spend ALL my time on HP blogs... but where does that title come from?

Favorite Answer

Professor Lupin and Sirius Black complimented her with that statement in the Prisoner Of Azkaban. The first time Lupin said it was to calm her down and gently compliment her when she discovered he was friends with Sirius and went mad saying she trusted him and she knows he's a werewolf.

Sirius tells her this again when she arranges for Buckbeak to fly him to safety after he says goodbye to harry.

• SarahJ

Yeah, it was in the Prisoner of Azkaban when she and Harry save Sirius and Sirius says "you're the brightest witch of your age." It's was Sirius who started that.

• JL

It was in book 3, prisoner of azkaban, but I'm not sure if it's Lupin or Sirius who says it first.

Books transform your sentence structure, reading level, spelling, vocabulary, and generally will be more educational than T.V.

when you are watching a movie or television set it is very easy to get distracted and multi task, where reading a written publication, they have your full attention usually!

lupin started it when she discovered he was a werewolf