Computer at Risk (important)?

I used McAfee Security Scan on my computer. It says that my computer is at risk. What should I do?

Thank you.

Edit: It doesn't state specifically why it is at risk tho. What kind of anti-virus program do you recommend?

Best Answer

What is it at Risk from as you don't say?

I would download Avast Malwarebytes Ccleaner and spybot search and destroy and run them on your PC.

• UID.0

Depends on what the risk is. There are always risks - in any computer.

Follow the Security recommendations but take time to evaluate what it is actually talking about. In other words, you may be missing critical updates, have a bad configuration setting or perhaps it wants you to purchase an upgraded program with more features. It depends on the details of it all. Take your time and if unable to decide, just follow the recommendations.

Source(s): PC Tech

several things because you have not told us when it states your computer is at risk, after a scan? maybe you have a mcafee gadget in the top right that says warning or something?, anyway my advice would be to make sure your mcafee is fully updated to as close as you cn get it to date, and then run a whole computer scn, once your computer scan is complete it should say wether virus has been found on your computer or not, if so it should show you some options on what to do and one of them should be to remove the virus :). (Ps McAfee is crap, try a different anti-virus program)

• shenk

Yea, sitting all day is undesirable adequate for you, yet utilising computing gadget might reason greater damages. I even have an analogous situation.....my returned hurts, knees soreness, and my eye sight is getting worse. there improve right into a information approximately why many human beings have undesirable eye sight while in comparison with the previous days is as a results of the fact ppl are utilising they are close to innovative and prescient (desktops, texting) greater effective than exercising our far innovative and prescient. attempt to diminish down on some hours on computing gadget and exercising. you certainly might desire to pass your muscle at your age.

It probably just refers to the minimum settings you have McAfee on. There will be no specific infection at all. Just a slight risk at those settings. I use AVG but you can get this type of message with that as well.

If u did'nt download it from McAfee website itself it is a virus. I suggest Bullguard for an antivirus.

• css123

Do whatever it tells you to fix the problem. It could be a lot of different things.