How do i make the story of Aphrodite into a modern day TV show?

For English, we have a project where we have to choose a greek mythology god/goddess and turn their story into a modern day tv show but "echo" the original story. Help?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It would be hard to do the birth of Aphrodite as a TV show. Cutting off the skies genitals would be hard to do.

You could do the judgment of Paris in modern format. Make it like the Bachelor or the Miss USA contest. Read the myth below.

THE JUDGEMENT OF PARIS was a contest between the three most beautiful goddesses of Olympos--Aphrodite, Hera and Athena--for the prize of a golden apple addressed to "the fairest"

The story begins at the Wedding of Peleus and Thetis to which all of the gods were invited, all except Eris, the goddess of discord. When she appeared at the festivities, she was turned away, and in her anger cast a golden apple amongst the assembled goddesses addressed "To the Fairest." Three goddesses laid claim to the apple--Aphrodite, Hera and Athena. Zeus was asked to mediate and he commanded Hermes to lead the three goddesses to Paris of Troy to decide the issue. The three goddesses appearing before the shepherd prince, each offering him gifts for favour. He chose Aphrodite, swayed by her promise to bestow upon him Helene, the most beautiful woman, for wife. The subsequent abduction of Helene led directly to the Trojan War and the fall of the city.

Read the source for other takes on the myth, some with nudity and some without.

• Which story of Aphrodite? Why not take the story of Zeus, Poseidon and Hades as they defeat Kronos? It is quite easy though, you can imagine Aphrodite to be a modern day woman, with shopping bags, cell phones, etc, mesmerizing each man with quantitative qualities and you can continue like that.

P.S. I had to make a project depicting my dog as a Superstar, yours is better, far better.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

How about this? Aphrodite and the Slender Man share a studio apartment, and they disagree on everything., but they form a friendship, and when times get tough, they show that they care! The show will be called Aphro-Slendy, and guest stars will include HABIT, Zeus, and Maduin. Best sit-com ever.

• 9 years ago

in the story aphrodite is your granma

she gets up in the morning and fixes breakfast for husband who is also a god

this god though goes out and plows a field etc

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • rawl
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

you are able to desire to thoroughly straightforward and basically bypass with A. Like basically the letter. or you are able to desire to bypass with something humorous that her pals call her and bypass with "App" through fact, you understand, APhrodite. or you may lead them to black and Aphrodite would have a afro and then yeah, i think of you get it. Sorry those are not that great. I basically incredibly like the assumption of Athena and Aphrodite so i don't want to alter your names. chuffed writing!! xx P.s. it may be fantastic in case you are able to desire to respond to my question! it is likewise approximately character names:)

• A Guy
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

For English, I suppose you would use more text; but IRL, I expect you would do a 'storyboard' with more graphics (like a comic-book), 'network' to executives and stars, and 'pitch' your idea with lots of enthusiasm, parties, and wine.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.