What is worth putting on an SSD?

I know that it really helps to have your OS on an SSD, but what else would make it worth buying? Will it help with load screens of games? I'm looking to buy a computer soon and was just wondering if it was worth to to by a bunch of SSD's. I use my computer for watching movies, web surfing, high-end games, listening to music, and that's pretty much it. (No multi-media programs like Photoshop or anything.) Should I just get a small SSD and a large HDD?

Favorite Answer

SSD have shown merit with access times, they are fast! Of course they are limited by the "bus" speed (SATA). A conventional 7200RPM hard drive can transfer data at about 3.5 to 3.7GB/s or just a bit faster than SATA II (3GT/s) were as you would want an SSD on a SATA III (6GT/s) bus to get all the speed an SSD is capable of. Most people use the SSD for there OS as that is the one "program" that takes the longest to load up! No one wants to "wait"!!! You could us an SSD with games but they load pretty fast from a conventional drive. It really wont add as much to frame rates as having a very good graphics card, a good high speed quad core CPU and at least 4GB of DDR3-1600 ram. I use this SSD....http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8...

for my OS and a WD 1T (6 GT/s) drive for everything else...on a 2600K with 16GB (got them cheap) G. Skills 1600 Ripjaws. With a 6950 video card 2GB ram on an Asus VK278Q 27" monitor. I haven't found anything yet I cant run at top settings!

• lede

I recommend making use of an ssd for the working equipment and pastime classes. it rather is plenty swifter as nicely the computing device and video games load plenty swifter. in case you ever attempt tension an ssd, one startup and you will comprehend why i desire to recommend them.