Question For Jehovah Witnesses?

Jehovah said in Deuteronomy 32:39 there are no gods with me.

John 1:1 is implying Jesus is a god and is with God.

There is clearly something wrong here, there are no gods with Jehovah,

but your bible is saying Jesus is a god and is with God.

Why is your bible NWT contradicting itself ?

Jehovah said in Deuteronomy 32:39 there are no gods with me

Jehovah said in Isaiah 43:10-11 Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none

Jesus CANT be a god or a lesser God because

Jehovah said there are no gods with me and he also said

before me there was no God formed and after me there continued to be none.

Here is another question is Satan a false god or a true God ?

Does this mean that you have two "gods," a big God and a little one?

Isn't it true that there is only ONE true God? Then is Jesus a false god?

Has there always been 2 Gods?

When did the big God create the little god, since Jehovah says in Isaiah. 43:10 that there was no god created before Him or after Him?

firstborn means firstborn into a family and it could also mean high rank. It does not say first creation.

firstborn can mean firstborn into family and it can also mean a title of high rank.

David who was the last one born in his family in ( 1 Chronicles 2:13-15 ) was called firstborn by Jehovah in ( Psalm 89:20,27)

1 Chronicles 2:13-15 NWT David is the last one born

Jes´se, in turn, became father to his firstborn E·li´ab, and A·bin´a·dab the second, and Shim´e·a the third, 14 Ne·than´el the fourth, Rad´dai the fifth, 15 O´zem the sixth, David the seventh.

Psalm 89:20,27 NWT David is called firstborn by Jehovah

20 I have found David my servant;

With my holy oil I have anointed him,

27 Also, I myself shall place him as firstborn,

The most high of the kings of the earth.

If all angels are sons of God which one is begotten from the father ?

If Jesus is Michael the Archangel where in scripture does Jehovah ever say Michael the Archangel is the Only Begotten Son ?

John 3:16 says Jesus is the Only Begotten Son

there are two 1+1=2 which one is false ? The small god or the big God ?

Favorite Answer

Good point!!!

• jen

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture

cannot be broken; 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent

into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

It takes the first being created by God to save the offsprings of Adam[all angels

are sons of God, but only one can be the very first, Job 38:4-7], Jesus is with his

God and Father all the way from the beginning[ so many god's and lord's but one

true God and LORD], God could wipe us all out, and start over, but he has planned

to save all possible of the offsprings of Adam and Jesus is all for that, 1Cor.15:22-

28,51-53, it is by resurrection from the dead that we are saved into the new

heavens and the new earth, who is it that is not saved, and should we be the

opposite of them if we want to be face to face with the God and Father of Christ

Jesus as he is, John 20:17.

Where was God when Jesus [as we know him], was bringing Moses and the

covenant heirs through the wilderness, Jude 9, who faced Satan then?

Is there only one Michael, what does he do? Dan.10:13,21, Dan.12:1-13;

Rev.12:7-12; 1Thes.4:15-17[so Jesus had a name 33 1/2 years, but was with

God from the beginning and nameless, Rev.3:12,21, what will be his new name,

does his God and Father ever change his name? Is Michael the archangel, the

same as saying the only begotton, or our Jesus was nameless how long, Heb.

1:1-13; David knew he had a Lord, that had a LORD, Matt.22:42-44; Acts 2:27-

35]. Where was God when Jesus was here on earth 33 1/2 years?

EDIT:

Satan from Eden is a self made god, Matt.4:1-11. What did Jesus take that

Satan had to offer. 2Cor.4:3,4, how much power does Satan have? Heb.4:12,

how much power does the bible have?

Rev.12:7-12, who had power over Satan, 2520th year after Daniel in year 3460[

606 BCE, now at 2011 ], that was 2617 years ago at Dan.12:1-13, then Satan

has a short angry time[ in the time of the end at], Matt.24:3,14, to Rev.20:1-6.

Source(s): Bible.

There are no contradictions in the Bible. A simple explanation of John 1:1 shows this to be true.

And so that you cannot claim what I say is only what JW's say, I'm quoting from a source other than JW's.

In his article "Qualitative Anarthous Predicate Nouns: Mark 15:39 and John 1:1," Philip B. Harner said that such clauses as the one in John 1:1, "with an anarthrous predicate preceeding the verb, are primarily qualitative in meaning. They indicate that the LOGOS has the nature of THEOS." He suggests: "Perhaps the clause could be translated, 'the Word had the same nature as God.'"

The following quote does come from a publication of JW's.

Referring to the Word (who became Jesus Christ) as "a god" is consistent with the use of that term in the rest of the scriptures. For example, at Psalm 82:1-6 human judges in Israel were referred to as "gods" (Hebrew, 'elo•him'; Greek, the•oi', at John 10:34) because they were representatives of Jehovah and were to speak his law.

Thus, the scripture at John 1:1 simply means that Jesus has the same nature, or - perfectly reflected the personality of his heavenly father, Jehovah. That is why at Colossians 1:15, the Bible refers to Jesus as "the image of the invisible God"

Thus, it can be clearly seen that there is no contradiction.

Source(s): New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures Qualitative Anarthrous Predicate Nouns: Mark 15:39 and John 1:1 - by Philip B. Harner Reasoning from the Scriptures

There are no gods with Jehovah???

There are GODS almighties as Jehovah....but the bible call to all angels Sons of God and gods to the sons of God in the book of Psalms 82:6 and Job 1:6

is Satan a false god or a true God??

is Hitler a false man or a true man??

At times the Bible employs the term "god" to refer to mighty creatures. Psalm 8:5 reads: "Yet you made them only a little lower than the gods, and crowned them with glory and honor.

In Jesus' defense against the charge of the Jews, that he claimed to be God, he noted that "the Law uses the word gods of those to whom the word of God was addressed," that is, human judges. (John 10:34, 35; Psalm 82:1-6) Even Satan is called "the god of this system of things" at 2 Corinthians 4:4.

"So, Almighty God Jehovah is not the only one referred to as "god."

At 2 Cor. 4:4, the Bible does not emply any adjectives before the word "god," which applies to Satan. However, at John 17:3, Jesus did refer to his Father--Jehovah--as "the ONLY TRUE GOD." Jesus is not God, but the Son of God. As 1 John 5:5 says: "And who can win this battle against the world? Only those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God."

"Jesus CANT be a god or a lesser God..."

Oh, no? At John 14:28, Jesus said: "The Father is greater than I am." So, if Jesus is THE God, that would mean that he was saying that someone OTHER than THE God was greater than he was. But is that possible? Can ANYONE be greater than God? Of course not. Jehovah has ALWAYS been almighty. But in Jesus' case, EVERYTHING he possesses was GIVEN to him. As he said at John 3:35: "The Father loves his Son and has put everything into his hands." Also, at Matt. 28:18, Jesus said: "All authority has been GIVEN me..." Only someone greater than Jesus could bestow him with such authority. Only Jehovah could do that. As 1 Cor. 11:3 says: "The head of the Christ is God."

• ?

Before you have the right to form an opinion on any subject you should have all the facts available. The correct translation of John1:1 is "and the word was a god." Jesus is called a god in the bible. So are Satan, humans and angels.

• ?

You need to start looking up and finding the meaning of words and phrases like "with me" at Deuteronomy 32:29 where `immad refers to someone that would exist as a competitor (or, against) God. It is merely saying there are no gods that can compete with him. Any such god would be a false god.

Isaiah 43:11 is another excellent example of this need to look the word "beside" up:

Strong's Hebrew Dictionary 1107 -- bil`adey -- pronounced: bil-ad-ay' or balmadey bal-ad-ay'

constructive plural from 1077 and 5703, not till, i.e. (as preposition or adverb) except, without, besides: KJV -- beside, not (in), save, without.

It does not mean "beside" as to simply a place of existence but means "besides" as in "without" or "apart from me".

Jesus is not a god that exists without or apart from God. He is anointed with his position and power of God.

John 5:26 "For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;..."

John 5:27 "And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man."

John 17:1 "These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

2  As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

4  I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was."

It is not difficult at all to see if one could only get their desired belief out of their eyes so that they can see.

What is more important? What we want to believe? Or, what God and the Bible actually tells us?

Don't trust men. Start looking up the meaning of the original language words so you can see. If you want to see.

Satan would definitely be a false god as he seized that position to himself outside of God's will. He can have no power but what the only true God allows him. And God does allow him that the many of angels and men will ultimately see the futility of Satan's way and become set in themselves never to become like Satan. The word "god" is a status that denotes degree of power and station. It ought to not be confused with being a person but rather is that person's status. Satan is a god to those that revere him but in reality he is a false god who is unworthy to be reverenced as a god.

Amen.