Questions For Jehovah Witnesses?

1. Jehovah said in Deuteronomy 32:39 there are no gods with me.

John 1:1 is implying Jesus is a god and is with God.

There is clearly something wrong here, there are no gods with Jehovah,

but your bible is saying Jesus is a god and is with God.

Why is your bible NWT contradicting itself ?

Deuteronomy 32:39 NWT Jehovah Witness Bible

SEE now that I—I am he

And there are no gods together with me.

I put to death, and I make alive.

I have severely wounded, and I—I will heal,

And there is no one snatching out of my hand.

John 1:1 NWT Jehovah Witness Bible

In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

Jehovah said in Isaiah 43:10 Before me there was no God formed,

and after me there continued to be none

Isaiah 43:10-11 NWT Jehovah Witness Bible

“YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none.

Jesus CANT be a god or a lesser God because

Jehovah said there are no gods with me and he also said

before me there was no God formed and after me there continued to be none.

2. Does this mean that you have two "gods," a big God and a little one?

Isn't it true that there is only ONE true God? Then is Jesus a false god?

3. Has there always been 2 Gods?

4. When did the big God create the little god, since Jehovah says in Isaiah. 43:10 that there was no god created before Him or after Him?

firstborn means firstborn into a family and it could also mean high rank. It does not say first creation.

firstborn can mean firstborn into family and it can also mean a title of high rank.

David who was the last one born in his family in ( 1 Chronicles 2:13-15 ) was called firstborn by Jehovah in ( Psalm 89:20,27)

1 Chronicles 2:13-15 NWT David is the last one born

Jes´se, in turn, became father to his firstborn E·li´ab, and A·bin´a·dab the second, and Shim´e·a the third, 14 Ne·than´el the fourth, Rad´dai the fifth, 15 O´zem the sixth, David the seventh.

Psalm 89:20,27 NWT David is called firstborn by Jehovah

20 I have found David my servant;

With my holy oil I have anointed him,

27 Also, I myself shall place him as firstborn,

The most high of the kings of the earth.

5. If all angels are sons of God which one is begotten from the father ?

6. If Jesus is Michael the Archangel where in scripture does Jehovah ever say Michael the Archangel is the Only Begotten Son ?

John 3:1

John 3:16 says Jesus is the Only Begotten Son

There are still two 1+1=2 which one is false ? the small god or the big God ?

Favorite Answer

You are correct in your statements regarding Christs deity. Either he is God in the flesh or he is charlatan and a liar which means ALL the bible is a lie as well.

Jesus said in (John 2:19 ) "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up"

It is amazing how JWs say Jesus was not referring to his own body in this verse but a Jewish temple.

Lets look at v:22-23

" But he spake of the temple of his BODY" (caps mine)

" When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them"

My point for quoting these verses is to give absolute proof Jesus is God in the flesh because Jesus said he would raise HIMSELF from the dead but (Acts 2:32 ) says..

"This Jesus hath GOD raised up"

Now either a JW will have to accept what the scriptures say about the deity of Jesus or what their watchtower organization has to say about him because are not the same.

Also (John 10:18) says Jesus had the power to take his life back after the crucifixion and (John 10: 32-33 ) states the hypocritical Jews accused Jesus of blasphemy because he made himself equal with God.

Surely the JWs are not going to agree with the Jews in v:33 ! -- what a dilemma for many JWs who are shown these scriptures proving Jesus is God. Unfortunately they will not accept Gods truth but only watchtower truth on Jesus.

Jesus had two natures or a dual nature. One as fully man and one as fully God, Read (Phil 2:6-9 ) which explains how Jesus being in the form of God made HIMSELF a man so he could go to to the cross as a man to die for our sins ( 1Cor 15:1-4 and Heb 10:12 )

Finally a brief comment on the words "Begotten" and Firstborn" Because JWs are trying to understand scripture with their own intellects then its not surprising they take these words literally.Begotten can either mean in scripture to procreate ( begat ) or be SPIRITUALLY begotten.

e.g ( 1Cor 4:15 ) "for in Christ Jesus I have BEGOTTEN you through the gospel'

When JWs use the word "only begotten Son" to refer to Jesus as Gods only created Son they ignore (Heb 11:17 )

" By faith Abraham when he was tried, offered up Isaac; and he that had received the promises offered up his ONLY BEGOTTEN SON"

Abraham literally begat two sons Ishmael and Isaac but Isaac is called Abraham's only begotten Son in this verse.

Isaac was spiritually begotten just like Jesus was after his death, burial, and resurrection to be Gods only begotten Son not at his birth.

Also the word "firstborn" has different meanings in the bible when referring to Christ it simply means "favoured"or favourite" Son who has preeminence. In fact ( Col 1:18 ) says this..

"And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the FIRSTBORN from the dead; that in all, things he might have PREEMINENCE.

Source(s): The Holy Bible -KJV 1611

You starting from faulty reasoning to be begin with.

How can there be no gods together with Jehovah when John 1:1 says that ‘the Word was with God and was a god’?

These texts deal with completely different matters. The point made at Deuteronomy 32:39 is that false gods have no share with the true God, Jehovah, in his saving acts. They are unable to deliver their worshipers from disaster, and such gods were not with Jehovah in anything that he did. Although the “Word” is a god or a mighty one, he does not stand in opposition to Jehovah or act as his rival, as was the case with the false gods.—Deuteronomy 32:12, 37, 38.

** We learn from Jude that Michael had the post of archangel. In fact, he was the archangel, since no other archangel is mentioned in the Bible, nor does the Bible use “archangel” in the plural. “Archangel” means “Chief of the angels.” (Thayer’s Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament) Among God’s spirit servants, only two names are associated with authority over angels: Michael and Jesus Christ. (Matthew 16:27; 25:31; 2 Thessalonians 1:7) This, too, argues that Jesus and Michael are the same.

Why is it so difficult for Jesus to be an Archangel?

You and others seem to have NO PROBLEM accepting the fact that " God" was born, was killed by his own creation, buried in a cave?

It would seem common sense is not that common anymore- in my humble opinion.

• ?

The Son, Jesus Christ clearly explained who Jehovah was. Since you mentioned John 1...these couple scriptures tell it all...

vs14 So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father.....

vs18 No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is in the bosom position with the Father is the one that has explained him.

Let me ask you; What does it mean to be (Only-Begotten)? Even called first-born..Col. 1:15...And if they are the same; why say the Son is in a BOSOM POSITION? You tell me.

• ?

Jesus was "begotten" when Mary gave birth to Him.

JW's do not understand that there is 1 God, with 3 persons.

There is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit = 1 God. (Body, Soul, Spirit + 1 God)

1x1x1 = 1 God. It's not 1+1+1 = 3 Gods.

Man has body, soul and spirit = 1 man

again, 1x1x1 + 1 man

Notice that God does everything in 3's.

wanta see more? ask

• Meg

These two texts you first mention, John 1:1 and Deutoronomy 32:39, are considering matters entirely different.

In Deuteronomio 32:39, is pointing out to false gods/idols and not “The Word”/His Son. By reading Chapter 32 from the beginning you will be able to understand it better. Read mainly verses 12, 16, 17, 21, 37, 38 which explain how the Israelites apostasied against God with “false gods.” Here I have cited them for you:

12Jehovah alone kept leading him,

And there was no foreign god along with him.

16They began inciting him to jealousy with strange gods;

With detestable things they kept offending him.

21They, for their part, have incited me to jealousy with what is no god;

They have vexed me with their vain idols;

And I, for my part, shall incite them to jealousy with what is no people;

With a stupid nation I shall offend them.

37And he will certainly say, ‘Where are their gods,

The rock in whom they sought refuge,

38Who used to eat the fat of their sacrifices,

To drink the wine of their drink offerings?

Let them get up and help YOU.

Let them become a concealment place for YOU.

39SEE now that I—I am he

And there are no gods together with me.

I put to death, and I make alive.

As for referring to the Word as ‘ a god, at John 1:1 this one does not disagree with Deuteronomy 32:39 because the "Word" neither is in opposition to Jehovah God nor is a rival, since it was the case of the “false gods” of the Israelites mentioned in Deutoronomy. Since The word ” is the first-born Son of God, it was possible to describe him correctly as a "god.”

Source(s): Bible. on line: New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures.

Jesus is Jehovah of the Old Testament. Jesus is the "I-AM".

Jehovah's Witnesses are very sincere, but they forget that the angels brought someone like the Son of Man to the "Ancient of Days", and God then Anointed this "Son of Man" to be worshiped by the Nations. This is Jesus Christ, our Lord, Mighty God, and King, whom Christians worship as commanded by the Father.

Worship Jesus, as He is God.

ALL EX-WITNESSES PLEASE SEE;

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ao.b3...

This is from Steven Unthank in Australia...He is the lone prosecuter against the Watchtower Society. He needs assistance. This is a modern David and Goliath..

Thank you,

Joe

INCREDIBLE: Jesus the Archangel. Can anyone on here please do me a favor and find the ONE passage in the scriptures CLEARLY stating JESUS is Michael the Archangel!!!!

There is only one God Almighty Jehovah. Jesus is God's son also a mighty spirit person.

Even Satan is a god-a bad one.

Source(s): Psalm 83:18

back in bible times, egyptians, babilonians and others worship other gods....He was referring to those.....

You should do a little research before asking such a simple question....