Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Now, why would the pope ask people to "look past the glitter" of christmas?

A man who sits on a chair that, if sold, would easily feed a small African nation for a month, a man who carries a gilded staff worth Tens of thousands, a man who wears more gold than comes out of an Alaskan mine in a month, and he wants his followers to "Look past the glitter" of this holiday?

Honestly, does anyone listen to this pedophile enabler anymore?

Look, the catholic church has SO much money that it could easily sell off 1% of it's assets, give it ALL to worthwhile charities (that means that not a dime would go to catholic charities) and it wouldn't feel it one iota.

But no, it's leader instead feels the need to lecture others on how to live their lives instead of leading by example.

Is it ANY wonder people are leaving christianity in droves?

Hey, Pope, keep up the good work and lay off the little boys for a change huh?

Happy Yule everyone!

Paul,

You MUST be joking! PLEASE tell me you're not really this naive and still have access to the internet.

Zippy (what a great name for another pin head!)

Visit the Vatican sometime. If you don't gag on the opulence and the wasted money, then you're as brainwashed as the others.

Favorite Answer

OMG, Paul Cyp is hilarious!

Anyway, I was about to post a variation on this question when I saw yours.

That statement by the pope is EASILY the most egregious example of hypocrisy in the history of the multiverse.

UNREAL.

A man who sits on a chair that, if sold, would easily feed a small African nation for a month, a man who carries a gilded staff worth Tens of thousands, a man who wears more gold than comes out of an Alaskan mine in a month,

Any source?

edit- I asked for a source for your specific statements and get called a 'pinhead'. Typical atheism, have a nice day.

• moose

" Is it ANY wonder people are leaving christianity in droves?"

I would only say that The Pope only represents catholics, not ALL Christians. I left the catholic church years ago, but I remain a Christian. I do not believe the Pope is the mouth piece of God.

Because it is his job. He is paid (highly) and expected to mumble the required blablabla at the appropriate moments. The big ones are Christmas and Easter.

The words are wise and the encouragement is sincere. I'm not a fan of the pope but I like what he said

• The pope is like a politician and a CEO rolled into one ...

As for the catholic apologetic above: Politicians don't "own" the fancy cars, yachts or aircraft they flit around in every day, but they sure get to use them exclusively at their beck and call. Which, to me, sounds an awful lot like having all the pro's of personal ownership without any of the con's.

A man who lives in a small, modestly furnished apartment, and owns nothing, not even the clothing he wears. And the Catholic Church provides far more basic human services to the poor of the world, without regard for race, nationality or religious affiliation, than ALL other churches COMBINED.

You condemn him because he " feels the need to lecture others on how to live their lives" and yet you lecture how the Church should conduct its affairs.

Do you see the point I'm making?

people are not leaving christianity in droves

a person who sits at a computer ranting about a god he does not believe in and believes is imaginary

this person blames this imaginary god for not feeding the starving children in africa yet does nothing him self about them nor could care less about them.

• Owl

Sources? Yeah, didn't think so.