Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 8 years ago

what is airplane mode on an Ipad and what does it do?

I just got an Ipad for Christmas, and it's awsome, but I'm just wondering what does the airplane mode do??? And also if can FaceTime on the airplane

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Airplane Mode disables tethering for networks. Always make sure to have it on if your on an airplane and its on. Otherwise, keep it off. In non-computer "nerd" terms, it disables WiFi. Without WiFi, FaceTime is screwed.

• Maria
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Airplane mode shuts off any wireless communications that the Ipad is capable of, If you have a 3G enabled Ipad then it stops it trying to look for a 3G connection. You'd probably be alright with it off anyway, but the idea is that it stops interference for the aeroplane's communications, I don't know whether this is actually true or not though.

• Ged
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Airplane mode is need to enable when you're in the airplane. When airplane is taking off or down, all electronics device should be turn off. Instead of turning off your iPad, switch it to airplane mode for faster deactivation. If there is signal or wifi available in airplane you can use Facetime.

• Jay
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

airplane mode is a feature that turns off all signals generated from the ipad so as to not disrupt any frequencies used in navigating and such on a flight

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Airplane mode disables all wireless communication (wifi / 3G / ...)

Basically it removes the phone / online functions from your iPad so you can play games without crashing the plane.

• 8 years ago

Aeroplane mode is that avoids all the wireless. And 3g networks and signals so u will not be connected to internet, no u cannot facetime in aeroplane... enjoy wid ur ipad :)

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

i dont know

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.