Jess asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 8 years ago

Can you download Microsoft or Adobe Flash Player on the Apple Macbook?

I recently got an Apple Macbook for christmas and I went on youtube and it said that I had to download the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player and when I did it kept saying the same thing which was you have to download the most recent version on Adobe Flash Player. Also, I need Microsoft word and excel and stuff and I was wondering how you can access that on an Apple Macbook. Thanks for any answers.

Best Answer

Select your operating system and version here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions

Enjoy :)

Source(s): meeee
  • SteveO

If you're using YouTube, you should opt in to the HTML5 version of the site to avoid using Flash Player. For Word and Excel you need to go buy Office 2011 for Mac (I'm not 100% sure if that's available through the Mac App Store, but if it is you can get it from there). If you can, try to avoid using Flash Player at all costs...the more people use it the more slowly it dies, and it will be a great day when it finally dies in favor of HTML and open web standards.

I do not think you can download Microsoft products into Apple products without having to hack the Macbook. Apple has its own version of Microsoft word and excel built into it. If you do not have it in your laptop then maybe try updating your laptop. Adobe flash player should be able to be downloaded into your laptop without any problems. I hope this helps. :)

• Shalom

When you are on youtube, it will prompt you to download flash player. Clicking the link will direct you to adobes website where you can download the flash player. Merry youtube.

As for microsoft, you can get the mac version (very expensive!) of the software links below: