Jared asked in HealthMen's Health · 8 years ago

Are HGH stimulators legal for sports?

Are HGH stimulators legal for sports? From what I read human growth hormone stimulators are amino acid combinations that naturally force the pituatary gland into making human growth hormone. It is effective and much safer than expensive synthetic growth hormone. There are no negative side-effects since your body makes hgh naturally.

It also comes in liquid form, and usually, a decrease in fat deposits and increased metabolism, are the positive side-effects.

What do you think? For my sport, i have to be 5,11". As of now, I'm 5,8" and 14. My parents are 5,9"

and 5,4". I would just like to know if this would be considered legal. From my standpoint, i think it is as its more of a natural process by forcing your body to produce more hgh, than using a man-made supplement of hgh. Thanks for everyone who answer!!!!

Favorite Answer

Growth hormone is used as a prescription drug in medicine to treat children's growth disorders and adult growth hormone deficiency. In the United States, it is only available legally from pharmacies, by prescription from a doctor. In recent years in the United States, some doctors have started to prescribe growth hormone in GH-deficient older patients (but not on healthy people) to increase vitality. While legal, the efficacy and safety of this use for HGH has not been tested in a clinical trial. At this time, HGH is still considered a very complex hormone, and many of its functions are still unknown.[2]

In its role as an anabolic agent, HGH has been abused by competitors in sports since the 1970s, and it has been banned by the IOC and NCAA. Traditional urine analysis could not detect doping with HGH, so the ban was unenforceable until the early 2000s when blood tests that could distinguish between natural and artificial HGH were starting to be developed. Blood tests conducted by WADA at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, Greece targeted primarily HGH.[2] This use for the drug is not approved by the FDA; GH is legally available only by prescription in the United States.