Sungirl :D asked in HealthDental · 9 years ago

Is it OK to try to get whiter teeth while I have braces?

So I have terrible teeth. Really yellow. I DEFINITELY DON'T SMOKE (just putting that out there) and RARELY drink coffee or sodas. Recently, my self confidence has been REALLY low because of how imperfect my teeth are. I was planning on just using baking soda tooth paste for a long time, but then i thought, "If I get my teeth whiter while I have braces on, will there be a yellow spot when I take them off?" So the real question is: Should I wait to take my braces off to get my teeth whiter, or will it not make a difference? also, if I did start to whiten it now and there was a spot when I got my braces off, would I be able to brush that spot away or will it forever be a different shade?

Thanks for the help! :)

Favorite Answer

NO! cuz if your teeth are whiter than they were when you got them put on then youll have these dark squares on your teeth!

• Domo

No! You will have ugly spots on your teeth that are really hard to remove! Get a whitening treatment and toothpaste and what not after you get your braces off.

I have braces to and I use crest whitening toothpaste. I don't think it matters. And if that does happen you can get rid of it by getting this special stuff from the dentist.

Source(s): Personal expirience