Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

I need a good movie to watch !?

I just recently watched Good Will Hunting, and I just loved it. I want more good movies like that. You know the ones that actually touch your heart. Other movies I like are Pursuit of Happiness, Forrest Gump, Titanic, Notebook, Basketball Diaries, and Immortals. Please just tell me a few good movies, or even some of your favorite movies, with a description why. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

There is one movie that I had recently watched which is really really good. It's called When Love is Not Enough. It's based on a true story and is about this woman, Lois Wilson, whose husband is an alcoholic. And the movie is basically about how she tries to stop him from drinking and in the end he is the one, along with a few others, who started up Alcoholics Anonymous. This movie is amazing especially because of how faithful Lois is to her husband. Although life for her is bad she still remains with her husband and tries to help him get through this.

Another really good movie to watch is Flipped. It's basically about this boy, Bryce, who moves into this neighborhood and meets this girl Juli Baker. She falls in love with him but he doesn't really like her then eventually, they both 'flip' and Bryce realizes that he likes Juli and Juli realizes that she doesn't like Bryce anymore. It is a really good movie and it is really sweet and there are a lot of themes that are explored throughout the movie (e.g. Juli meets her uncle for the first time who is mentally disabled and Bryce learns that it is important to be truthful and to stand up for what is right).

The King's Speech is also a really good movie as well. It is about Prince Albert who is destined to become King however he has a severe stammer that stops him from being able to make speeches. His wife, Elizabeth, enlists the help of Lionel Logue (who is an Australian speech therapist) and he helps Prince Albert to overcome his stammer for the major Speech he has to make when he becomes King. This movie is utterly amazing.

One other movie that is really good is Stardust. It is more fictional than the above movies (in regards to magic and the story plot) but it is a really sweet movie. Basically it is about this boy, Tristan, who must cross the wall of his village and journey into this place called Stormhold which is not joined to our world. In Stormhold he must find a fallen star in order to show his love for Victoria, his love and the most beautiful girl in the village called Wall. In Stormhold, Tristan discovers that the star is not just some bit of metallic rock that he thought it was but a woman whose name is Yvaine. At the same time there is a witch is also searching for the star for those who possess the heart of a star can live forever and remain young. The Prince of Stormhold is also searching for the Star as she holds a magic necklace that will enable him to become king but towards the middle of the movie he also wants to be in possession of her heart so that he can be king forever. This movie is full of adventure and action and it is also really good to watch if you feel like watching a romantic movie. This is my favourite movie because of the above mentioned points and also because of how magical it is. The ending is one that is satisfying and gives you a nice warm feeling inside.

One last good movie is Inception. Cobb is a highly skilled thief who steals ideas from others by entering their dreams however he is not allowed to see his children not enter the country in which they live for it is believed that he is the cause of his wife's death. Finally he is offered a job by a very rich man who promises Cobb that if he can successfully do this job, he will pull a few strings that will enable Cobb to be reunited with his children. This movie is absolutely staggering (especially the ending). Throughout the whole thing you will be in suspense and you will be thinking about it for days afterwards.

I hope that you really like these movies!

Trust - 2011

It is an amazing movie! I haven't seen such a great movie in years! It teaches a great lesson about the use of the internet.

The way it finished really impressed me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9J3fBSpXwc

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=fvwrel

I assure you its worth watching!

Watch It!!

Source(s): Me! I watch loads of Movies

that all depends on what your into?

action - i always thought transformers was good but if you want real stuff then maby an arnold.s film.

comedy - hangover 2 is brilliant :D

animation - shrek or the lion king

foreign?? - district 13 awesome if french :/

as i say it all depends on what your into for what makes a good movie???

• Thomas

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. One of Jim Carrey's most underrated dramatic performances but one of his best, in my opinion

The black swan. It's an intense psychological movie. Rated R.

Matt Damon is always in good movies, look up a list of movies he's in.

Bridesmaids. I like it because it's basically like the movie the "Hangover" but for girls. It's HILARIOUS! I guarantee you'll love it; I sure did! (:

Source(s): I love the movie.
  • Scent of a woman. That's all you need to watch.

marly and me

Source(s): i like poop