Americans: Would you rather have oil from Canada or third world countries?

(Note: you can't choose American oil. Sorry.)

Let's compare the two:

Canada: democratic, workers, women, and children have rights, workers paid liberally (if it wasn't for the oil out west where my Father works my family and I would be on the street, but he is paid quite a bit by the oil companies in Canada). Contrary to common belief spread by the biased media, we do have environmental standards, we clean up where we mine after we've finished, and replant any trees and bring back any animals we've displaced. The co-founder of Greenpeace has applauded our efforts in cleaning the mess up and restoring the land.

Third World Countries (Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, Iraq): Undemocratic, dictatorships, little to no women's/children's/worker's rights, no environmental standards, workers payed as little as possible, not to mention terrorists...

----

So, which would you rather have? Friendly, clean, Canadian oil or terrorist-funding, dictator supporting, third world oil?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Why can't I choose Alaskan and offshore oil?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

It is NOT clean or environmentally friendly. Stop using fossil fuels. This is the 21 century. Time to clean up your act

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Canada, even if it means higher prices.

• 8 years ago

Yeah, we'd rather have the oil from Canada, but American liberals don't want it that way for some reason.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Canada

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.