My friends internet works for some things, but not others?

My friend can talk to me on Skype and he can use Steam, but he can not use his internet browsers, or Minecraft. He was able to use these before, but just recently he has had this issue.

How can he fix it?

• D!!!No
    Favorite Answer

His computer could be infected with a malware that is blocking the common ports required for internet due to which the browsers and other common programs are not able to connect while some are. If he has tried an alternate browser like Firefox or Chrome and still not able to go online then his current browser is safe but the the computer infected.

Scan the system using a good malware cleaner like 'Malwarebytes' and 'Spybot Search & Destroy'. Once it is cleaned, it is advisable to reinstall the browser or use a different browser for better safety in the future. You can download and install these software for free from the below link. Also get a good antivirus like Antivir/Avira Personal Edition to safeguard the files in the future

http://www.filehippo.com/software/antimalware/

Source(s): Best of Luck ########################## Twitter: dinoraj007 Email: ask@dinoraj.com