? asked in HealthMental Health · 9 years ago

Depressed about bullying.. it hurts..?

I think action has to be taken... bullying hurts..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04ahrIuC2Bg

Youtube thumbnail

Favorite Answer

That video is so sad yet so true, bullying does hurt, it hurts so bad that it kills.

Facts about suicide

- One million approximate number of suicides worldwide each year.

- Every 40 seconds somebody dies by suicide.

- 60 per cent increase in worldwide suicide rates in last 45 years.

- 20 numbers of failed suicide attempts for each successful one.

In response to others people responses:

"Don't worry just tell your school principle" - Firstly I've tried it and it doesn't work, principles don't care. Secondly if your principle does do something that only going to get your bullied more because you can't fight your own battles. Secondly bullying can occur 24/7 thanks to the internet and mobile phones. School is only 6 hours a day and out side of those 6 hours teachers/principles don't give a **** about you cause your no longer their responsibility.

"IGNORE THEM. You're beautiful and don't ever let anyone tell you differently. EVER." - Okay with this comment i'm not going to agree or disagree with anything because i don't know anyone i'm just going to tell you of my experiences with comments like that. My family, my boyfriend, my friends can say that 'i'm pretty and don't let anybody ever tell you different' till the cows come home i'm still not going to change my way of thinking. You know why because its already hard wired in to my memory, you don't want to believe the mean things people say to you but eventually you get brain washed your perception of yourself changes everything becomes morphed and it is freaking hard to undo that damage.

"They bully because try aren't proud of themselfs, they need help, and no one should feel victimized and should always speak up" - strangely enough I agree with this comment (well part of it). Bullies aren't proud of themselves and they do need help! There is obviously something in the bullies hierarchy of need that is not being fulfilled whether it be:

Physiological needs – Food, Water, Shelter, Warmth

Safety needs – Security, stability, freedom from fear

Bottom line one of the bullies needs are not being met by his/her family at home and it is because of this that the bully has to dominate others at school in order to feel respected.

Side note: Sorry to anybody I have offended in this message I am just telling it as it is.

Source(s): Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs Personal experiences Doctors Psychiatrist/s Psychologist/s http://chartsbin.com/view/prm

They bully because try aren't proud of themselfs, they need help, and no one should feel victimized and should always speak up

IGNORE THEM. You're beautiful and don't ever let anyone tell you differently. EVER.