What is a good program for working in an ESL camp/school abroad? Is the ACLE program reputable?

I am hoping to gain some sort of ESL teaching experience this summer as that is the field I hope to work in the future.

I was wondering if anyone knew of some kind of program that I can teach/tutor/help out with ESL students while being paid without having much experience so far and that is only short term.

I am looking at a program called ACLE so if you've heard of this please tell me what you think!

Also, I am an 18-year-old (will be 19 next summer) first-year undergraduate student from Canada if that helps.

Favorite Answer

Although there are one or two good volunteer programs, there are many which are complete ripoffs; the company organising them makes money and the teacher, students and school pay. So do be careful and research this well before going off volunteering.

I would suggest if you want experience you stay local and perhaps teach immigrants to your country or help out at community centres, etc. This will stand you in good stead if you intend to teach after you've graduated.