Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 9 years ago

Which bullies are worse to you....girl or boy bullies?

Well I know a lot of people will say girls, but bullying is wrong, regardless of gender.. It's a lot different in the area I live.

I'm 19 and I've been bullied by boys and girls in the past, but for me, the boys did the most damage to my self-esteem.

In my area, the boys act like females. There are some boys who bully girls and call them ugly, fat, stupid, etc. They become friends with you and if you aren't "attractive" to them, they will backstab you and team up with the boys who bully you. They will gossip about you and manipulate others to make sure you have no friends.They always pick on the nice girls and call them b*tches."

HOWEVER, for the females, they will make comments about your clothes, shoes, and hair. Plus, they always run around, jumping people.

I think if I dealt with girl bullies and less boys in my area, I wouldn't be so insecure about my looks. I was shocked because the boys are acting like the girls in my area.

Favorite Answer

As a child I was bullied by both. The girls were more emotionally vicious but the boys actually physically attacked me (choked, spat on me - they were really charming).

In the end I think the boys had a deeper impact. With the girls I was still able to find some girl friends I could trust and I could just ignore the other girls.

Because the relationship between heterosexual men and women is fraught anyway, the boys affected my dating life as I did not trust guys to actually want to be with me and figured that they wanted to either embarrass or hurt me. This kept me out of the dating scene for a long time.

I'm sure everyone's experience varies.

I've still managed to have a happy, successful life though and I found an awesome husband in the end.

• Antz C

where im from everyone knows the only way to stop bullying is through violence. A philosopher once said violence solves nothing and the only thing that comes from violence is more violence. But cmon, who's gonna bully you if you break their ******* nose? Bullys are small, insecure, cowardly people who pick on weak targets to make themselves look and feel better. Quite often the people who get bullied end up with nice jobs, a nice house, family etc and the bullys end up the exact same except they take smack and eventually mess with the wrong person and end up in hospital or worse.

I'd say boy bullies are worse because boys are much more violent. Girls are cruel but boys are cruel and vicious

Hey I am sorry you were bullied. But do not let that put you down. The main reason girls bully is because they themselves have self esteem issues & the main reason boys bully is to appear cool in front of their friends, so do not take it personally.

I think worst are boys if you are a girl because you will think you are not attractive to them.That is NOT true, They do after all crave your attention even if it was a negative one.

Girls are physically weak so they always rely on indirect things like gossip, manipulation, etc. Boys are more likely to be physically violent. But if you're stronger than them, if they live in generally non-violent communities, or are afraid of legal repercussions, then boys will resort to more feminine tactics.

Well, with the male bully, he could do whatever and If I got mad enough I could always fight him or them back, and most would understand my point of view. Also it's easier to prove they were picking on me.

But with girls, they can hit me, and do stuff, and anything I did to retaliate got me in a lot of trouble, like "how dare you do that to a girl." Seriously, a girl pushes me into a bookshelf and I can't even hit her back? Not to mention if it's her word vs. mine, unless she's got a reputation as a delinquent, she's gonna win... essentially it was harder, almost impossible to prove if she was picking on me.

Source(s): Had a few bullies growing up... taught me how to be an asshole.

Boys bully Mentally and physically so boys are much, much worse in my opinion.

A bully is a bully. You need a blind friend then looks wouldn't matter only your heart.

Source(s): Advance Life Form

Sorry you got bullied. I dunno who does it worse, but it shocks me more when girls bully. They should at least try to uphold the idea that women are sweet.