Rather fatty bearded dragon, with an insatiable appetite?

From a glance, and then several more, my bearded dragon looks very much adequately fed, and possibly slightly overfed. He spends all doing snoozing, his large belly dangling over the sides of his log, but when it comes to feeding, he becomes literally insatiable. He will avidly chase down every single cricket in... show more From a glance, and then several more, my bearded dragon looks very much adequately fed, and possibly slightly overfed. He spends all doing snoozing, his large belly dangling over the sides of his log, but when it comes to feeding, he becomes literally insatiable. He will avidly chase down every single cricket in record time, before returning to the door and expecting more. When he doesn't get it, he'll simply satisfy himself by eating every scrap of salad I give him. Then he'll return to his basking spot for another doze.
For a bearded dragon he is rather undersized- only about six inches not including the tail. I'm just curious as to whether I should be feeding him as much as is recommend- or more, considering his enthusiasm?