What does Islam say about the story of Prophet Adaam(as) and Bibi Hawa(as)?

Does Islam agree with this bible verse.

Genesis 3:5

"For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

I have never heard anything like this in Islam.

http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ar...

Favorite Answer

1st of all nobody can be like God.

Short story of Adam(pbuh):

Surah 2. Al-Baqara (The Cow)

30. Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not."

31. And He taught Adam the nature of all things; then He placed them before the angels, and said: "Tell me the nature of these if ye are right."

32. They said: "Glory to Thee, of knowledge We have none, save what Thou Hast taught us: In truth it is Thou Who art perfect in knowledge and wisdom."

33. He said: "O Adam! Tell them their natures." When he had told them, Allah said: "Did I not tell you that I know the secrets of heaven and earth, and I know what ye reveal and what ye conceal?"

34. And behold, We said to the angels: "Bow down to Adam" and they bowed down. Not so Iblis: he refused and was haughty: He was of those who reject Faith.

35. We said: "O Adam! dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden; and eat of the bountiful things therein as (where and when) ye will; but approach not this tree, or ye run into harm and transgression."

36. Then did Satan make them slip from the (garden), and get them out of the state (of felicity) in which they had been. We said: "Get ye down, all (ye people), with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling-place and your means of livelihood - for a time."

37. Then learnt Adam from his Lord words of inspiration, and his Lord Turned towards him; for He is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful.

38. We said: "Get ye down all from here; and if, as is sure, there comes to you Guidance from me, whosoever follows My guidance, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

39. "But those who reject Faith and belie Our Signs, they shall be companions of the Fire; they shall abide therein."

There are more verses in Quran about Adam(pbuh).

• nish

Surah Isra, Ch.17, Verse No.70, which says, ‘We have honoured the children of Adam and bestowed on them special favours’.

Note, here all the children of Adam have been honoured, male as well as female.

There are some Religious scriptures, for example the Bible, which puts the blame on Eve for the downfall of humanity.

In fact if you read the Qur’an in Surah Araf, Ch.7, Verse No.19 to 27, Adam and Eve (may peace be upon them both) are addressed, more than a dozen of times.

Both disobeyed God, both asked for forgiveness, both repented, and both were forgiven.

In the Bible, if you read Genesis, Ch. 3, only Eve is held responsible (May peace be upon her) for the downfall of humanity.

And according to the doctrine of ‘Original Sin’, because of Eve (may peace be upon her) the whole of humanity is born in sin.

so there is difference in the stories

Ok, firstly, we cannot compare ourselves with God. We can't be like God and He would never say something like that either.

Two, everything was planned before hand. Adam and Eve were destined to be tricked by the devil into eating the fruit of a tree which God had prohibited them from nearing.

The entire story is in the Quran, 2:30-2:38 I believe. It's recorded just as it happened. Of course, I'd reccommend that if you really want to understand it then you should read it with a commentary because translating Quranic Arabic into English is an injustice in itself. Too much of the meaning is lost in the process.

''Bibi Hawa (as) and Babu Prophet Adaam (as)'' never had the likeness of God. This Bible verse contradicts the fact that THERE IS NOTHING LIKE HIM (Allah), mentioned in Surah Ikhlas ''

Source(s): My humble soul

Really I do not find it in Islam so I do not agree with this Bible verse because we could not be like God due to God could not be compared with a person God is incompatible with anything in this universe ("wa lamyakun lahu kufuwan ahad "the last 4th verse of surah 112 Al Ikhlaas (to pure the oneness of Allah)

The main difference is :no original sin in islam (Adam was forgiven by God & God is just) Harun Yahia wrote about Adam in islam in one of his books-recommended

Source(s): Quran Harun Yahia Sunnah

You can find out in surah Al Baqarah.